Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lithiumus

ATV 1800 performance issue not playing HD and some SD stream

I recently purchased the ATV 1800. Not sure if it's the 1800E or just 1800. The problem is that if I pick a stream that is 720p or sometimes even an SD stream the video plays fine for 1 second, then it plays at 1 frame per second. It will literally advance only one frame per second. If I press the Fast Forward button, the video will play at 2x no problem and would pause if it needs to buffer but if I press play, it will play for 1 second and go back to 1 frame per second.

At first I thought it was a bandwidth issue as the Speed Test was reporting under 5Mbit/sec on Ethernet but I re-ran the speed test in Advanced mode and it shows US as under 5Mbit but EU shows 13-14Mbit and Asia as 1.5Mbit. Might just be where the Speed test is pulling from.

When I am able to play a 720P stream, I run a speed test from a computer connected to the network and it's pulling down 12-13Mbit while it's streaming so it seems the stream is only really taking up 2-3Mbit. Has anyone seen this before? A bunch of my friends all have the ATV 520 and they don't have a problem with HD streams. I'll have to verify my firmware version, etc. Is this a known issue? Let me know what I should do. Thanks.

Some people have reported slower than expected speeds when/if they have both wifi and Ethernet checked under "settings-wifi/ethernet" in the 380/582 (which I think is the same gui as the 1800) or under "settings-wifi-on" in the gui of say the 1200.

Just a shot, as I've had no problems yet...

Jim

Thanks. I was pretty sure and I just checked it and only Ethernet is enabled. Wireless is disabled.

I'm using the latest firmware 11/5 and I'm using Kodi 14.0. I'm going to try the XBMC Mygica version 13.2 that came with the box and see if I see the same thing...