Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rickster

ATV582 Stuck while doing Reset

Need help,

Got this new ATV582 last week. Noticed no blue Net LED while on Wifi. When I changed HDMI inputs to cable and back to the 582 I get a blank screen on my Sony XBR. I tried the reset button (hold 10+ sec as you plug the power cord to the unit). Got KITKAT logo, Android file load then Welcome to MyGica (no recovery mode). It froze there for 15+min. Repeated the above reset step several times. Now, no KItKat logo, jumps to Android file load (Android logo) and freezes at about 25% into the file load.

The version is 20140925. Did a backup to SD Card. I haven't loaded the new 20141105 update...didn't get that far yet as I was trying to resolve the above issues.

Is there a fix or should I return for exchange?

Thx

Need help,

Got this new ATV582 last week. Noticed no blue Net LED while on Wifi. When I changed HDMI inputs to cable and back to the 582 I get a blank screen on my Sony XBR. I tried the reset button (hold 10+ sec as you plug the power cord to the unit). Got KITKAT logo, Android file load then Welcome to MyGica (no recovery mode). It froze there for 15+min. Repeated the above reset step several times. Now, no KItKat logo, jumps to Android file load (Android logo) and freezes at about 25% into the file load.

The version is 20140925. Did a backup to SD Card. I haven't loaded the new 20141105 update...didn't get that far yet as I was trying to resolve the above issues.

Thx

Try this

viewtopic.php?f=69&t=2163

It should fix the issue you are having

I know it says for 1800E, but it should reinstall the entire OS for you.

Need help,

Thx

Any luck with the suggestions given to you?

Thanks Justin for your help.

However, I was unsuccessful trying the suggestions from the link. I discussed the problem with the service person at the store where I purchased it and I was able to return it for an exchange. I'm currently waiting for the new one to arrive (new units are currently on back-order) to try this all over again...lol.

I'll keep you posted.

R

Thanks Justin for your help.

However, I was unsuccessful trying the suggestions from the link. I discussed the problem with the service person at the store where I purchased it and I was able to return it for an exchange. I'm currently waiting for the new one to arrive (new units are currently on back-order) to try this all over again...lol.

I'll keep you posted.

R

Ok let me know