Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

danyboy

HDMI video RCA sound

Hi!

I want to know if on ATV1800e the HDMI and RCA sound outputs work at same time. I want to get video to tv through HDMI cable and sound from RCA red/white to a speaker test.

Thank you!

Hi!

I want to know if on ATV1800e the HDMI and RCA sound outputs work at same time. I want to get video to tv through HDMI cable and sound from RCA red/white to a speaker test.

Thank you!

Only one output at a time works for this.

You can always try this yourself to see if it works though.

Hi!

I am considering the purchase of an ATV1800e. Can anyone verify if what dannyboy is asking is possible? I don't have a receiver that accepts hdmi input. I would like to send the video via the hdmi to my tv and the audio via the rca jacks to my stereo.

Thanks

It's working. I send the video signal directly to the tv via hdmi i send the sound over rca to the amplifier. i have a little buzz in the boxes, when the sound is to noisy from the box, but general is ok.

HDMI is a DIGITAL interface - sends 0's and 1's; RCA is analog.

You need to buy an HDMI to Component or Composite video converter with the associated analog audio out.

Most likely, this converter will cost more than your Chromecast. Perhaps you want to invest on a new TV with HDMI inputs.