Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

iatech204

New to MyGica 582

Hi,

Just recently purchased this device and am totally new to it. I have a few questions

1) The out of the box it seems that I have is 20140801 (I believe that is what it showed me with some numbers appended). Is this version ok to use since there are issues with 1105 version (including netflix) ?. Any issues / gotchas to watch out for using the above firmware ?

2) XBMC version shows 13.1. Does this version has any problem running any custom modules/add-ons ? The recent version of firmware still doesnt have XBMC 14.0 and is one level above what I have so wondering if its really worth going for 13.2 ?

3) Can any games be played on this box ? Which mouse/remote should I get which allows screenswipe or just be usable with Android games so that kids can use this for that purpose as well.?

4) Does this device have bluetooth (specs says so) ? when I enable that, it goes off again.

Thanks again for all the help.

Hi,

Just recently purchased this device and am totally new to it. I have a few questions

1) The out of the box it seems that I have is 20140801 (I believe that is what it showed me with some numbers appended). Is this version ok to use since there are issues with 1105 version (including netflix) ?. Any issues / gotchas to watch out for using the above firmware ?

2) XBMC version shows 13.1. Does this version has any problem running any custom modules/add-ons ? The recent version of firmware still doesnt have XBMC 14.0 and is one level above what I have so wondering if its really worth going for 13.2 ?

3) Can any games be played on this box ? Which mouse/remote should I get which allows screenswipe or just be usable with Android games so that kids can use this for that purpose as well.?

4) Does this device have bluetooth (specs says so) ? when I enable that, it goes off again.

Thanks again for all the help.

1. You should be able to update to 09/25 which should not have any major issues, and work with Netflix without any issues. We will be releasing a new update to 11-05 this month, however you will need 11-05 update installed in order to take this new update

2. 13.2 is our current version on the 11-05 Firmware, we will have a 14.0 MyGica Edition being released on our next firmware, you should be able to use both XBMC and KODI at the same time.

3. Almost any remote/keyboard which uses a USB 2.4GHZ Dongle will work with this box, just plug it into one of the USB ports

4. Only our new 2015 Editions support Bluetooth. Bluetooth is still in the settings menu on our previous version, but that is only because it is built into the Android 4.4 OS.

Thanks Justin.

I will update it to 1105. The reason I was reluctant was so many folks here wanted to revert back to older version firmware and then are not able to.

Thanks Justin.

I will update it to 1105. The reason I was reluctant was so many folks here wanted to revert back to older version firmware and then are not able to.

Try it out

I personally use a 582 at home with this firmware, and the patch file. And have had zero issues with it so far.

ok great.. I have done the update and it went smooth. I have applied 1105 firmware and the 2 updates after that.

I see huge difference in performance and free memory also increased now.

After the udpate was done, when I go into "update" I still see the 2 small updates still show on the sdcard. Is that normal ? Usually when the updates have been applied they dont show up in the list but perhaps that is for the main firmware update which after applying doesnt show in the list.

ok great.. I have done the update and it went smooth. I have applied 1105 firmware and the 2 updates after that.

I see huge difference in performance and free memory also increased now.

After the udpate was done, when I go into "update" I still see the 2 small updates still show on the sdcard. Is that normal ? Usually when the updates have been applied they dont show up in the list but perhaps that is for the main firmware update which after applying doesnt show in the list.

Usually the patch files that I have tried, seem to always show up as well even after installing them. This is normal, and doesnt hurt to install them again either.

couple of more questions Justin.

What benchmark app do you use to check performance of the box ? I downloaded Antutu from google play and it hanged the box after I ran it. Is there some other tool you use or any specific version that can be used ?

secondly, can the same firmware be used on quad core ATV380 ? I will be getting that unit as well for family and will need to update it. Is there plan to continue to support ATV380 ? I hope there is cause those are still being sold new and would like to use that as well.

couple of more questions Justin.

What benchmark app do you use to check performance of the box ? I downloaded Antutu from google play and it hanged the box after I ran it. Is there some other tool you use or any specific version that can be used ?

secondly, can the same firmware be used on quad core ATV380 ? I will be getting that unit as well for family and will need to update it. Is there plan to continue to support ATV380 ? I hope there is cause those are still being sold new and would like to use that as well.

I used Antutu myself and it works fine. I used the one from the Google Play Store.

Try uninstalling it and reinstalling it to see if it works. The test can take about 5-10 minutes to complete.

The same firmware for ATV 582 works on the 380. They are essentially the same unit, just with a differnt casing

and also there is a Uboot app somewhere here. Is that needed ? what is it used for ?

After I applied 1105 firmware I dont see that. Should I install it ?

We built the Uboot file into the new 1105 firmware.

So you only have to install 1 file now, and not 2 of them.

Thanks Justin.

Now on to ATV380. I got that unit, it had same version as ATV582 (20140801). Copied ATV582 1105 firmware on SD card (same copy I used on the other unit) . Selected update, it rebooted and never came back. Nothing on the screen, just blank after it reboot (showed Android logo and after that blank) ? I Gave it enough time but there is nothing on the screen, no sign of it doing update.

What happened to it ? It was working ok with the firmware that was on it, just xbmc issues. How do I recover it ? There is a power button on the front on this one.

If you want I can start a new separate thread or we can discuss here.

ok so I was able to boot ATV380 into recovery and manually updated it to 20140724 firmware. I got the home screen back and it booted up.

Checking the version I see it shows me 20140723 (instead of 24), why is this one level lower ? I only installed 0724 firmware, there is also UBoot update but after I applied 0724 update UBoot isnt showing me in upgrade option. So nothing else applied

Next I tried OTA update and it gives me option to download20140801 and I started that. After 6 hours its still stuck at downloading so OTA isnt going to work.

How do I install 20140801 on it now so I can retry 1105 update ? What step am I missing ?

Can I now directly go to 1105 (although I am not at 0724 instead am at 0723) ?

You can go directly to 11-05 from 0723.

0724 is just the date we posted it on the forum. 0723 is the firmware build date.

We do not have 0801 available as a firmware file, as it is just offered as a OTA Update.

ok great.. Thanks for the help !

I used 1105 firmware and was able to update ATV380. I saw some user here complain about not being able to update ATV380 so thought maybe that model is not updatable. Feels a little slower than ATV582 but maybe I felt that way. Its good now.