Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Felix

Sound Configuration

Hi everyone,

I've been a long time reader, first time poster. I have the ATV1800 and I own a 2.1 Samsung with DTS and Dolby Digital decoding Soundbar with optical in. I have searched the forum and read as much as I could, but still need some help.

I have the option on the advanced audio to select 2.0, 2.1, all the way to 7.1. I keep readin that you need to select and keep it on 2.0 with the passthrough options on (which I have) however, I'm still not sure why. If I have a soundbar (2.1) system, do I still need to keep it at 2.0? Also when I select auto detect, it selects PCM for me. I then manually overide it to SPDIF passthrough. Is one or the other better/make a difference?

Lastly, I need a bit of clarification on the following settings, and which one is better.

LO/RO or LT/RT?

And DTSHDTRANSCODE 0,1,2 -- I currently have it selected at 1 (because to me it sounds better), but I have no idea what these mean or do.

I appreciate the help.

Thanks

Felix.

Hi everyone,

I've have just join in. I have purchased the first Mygica 1800e and i have a pioneer SC36 receiver . I am using my HDMI from the the 1800e to the receiver and don't DTS or Dolby Digital sound when playing any HD movies.I have searched the forum and read as much as I could, but still need some help.

I have the option on the advanced audio to select 2.0, 2.1, all the way to 7.1. I keep readin that you need to select and keep it on 2.0 with the passthrough options on (which I have) however, I'm still not sure why.

Lastly, I need a bit of clarification on the following settings, and which one is better.

LO/RO or LT/RT?

And DTSHDTRANSCODE 0,1,2 -- not sure what this setting should be.

I appreciate the help.

Thanks

Sorry but I am not to familiar with DTS and DD sound.

If anyone on our forum would like to share more info on this, please do.

If not, you would get a much better answer for this posting it here

http://forum.kodi.tv/

As there are users on there who are experts in the question you are asking.

It would actually be nice to know what those settings in the DTS menu do. The manual is not very helpful in describing what exactly the settings mean or are for.

Note this has nothing to do with Kodi - I'm talking about the advanced audio settings within the MyGica unit. Maybe a more verbose manual would be something the MyGica people could work on. At the very least a FAQ describing those settings.

Gord