Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ProTV

No network wifi connections after update

I updated my ATV1800e to the last version 11/05 from this page. After update, i have the problem that, mygica can't found any wireless connection. The refresh access point list show nothing. Before update, I had the connection.

Could you help me please?

Yes, but no connection.

If I go in the "normal" settings from Android and I put the button from Wifi at on, the button goes after a few seconds again to the off.

The same effect is now with a old firmware.

Wifi connection still not working.

I reset my both wifi routers.

I reset the box and I installed the old firmware from 20140723, with reset to the factory and delete the user data and the cache.

The setup of the Wifi configuration stop by "refresh access points".

Any ideas?

I also have no WiFi after the last software upgrade, not to say I had it before because I updated the device when I received it. I also seem to be getting this Ethernet connection issue. I have a 25Mbps service and when I check with the MyGica Speedtest it shows 8.41Mbts. I just got off the phone with the ISP Tech Support and the line checks OK. Desktop running Speedtest runs at 25Mbps.

I have a ASUS RT-AC66U Dual Band router between the modem and the MyGica, could that be the problem?

I was at my brothers this AM and updated his 1800E and it all works great. He doesn't have a Dual Band AC66U?

Are these devices supported?

Recap: No WiFi and reduced Ethernet capabilities.

Any one using an AC router out there successfully???

I also have no WiFi after the last software upgrade, not to say I had it before because I updated the device when I received it. I also seem to be getting this Ethernet connection issue. I have a 25Mbps service and when I check with the MyGica Speedtest it shows 8.41Mbts. I just got off the phone with the ISP Tech Support and the line checks OK. Desktop running Speedtest runs at 25Mbps.

I have a ASUS RT-AC66U Dual Band router between the modem and the MyGica, could that be the problem?

I was at my brothers this AM and updated his 1800E and it all works great. He doesn't have a Dual Band AC66U?

Which app did you use on the MyGica to run the speed test?

Wifi connection still not working.

I reset my both wifi routers.

I reset the box and I installed the old firmware from 20140723, with reset to the factory and delete the user data and the cache.

The setup of the Wifi configuration stop by "refresh access points".

Any ideas?

Sounds like maybe a hardware issue with the box, as wifi and ethernet should not just stop working like that. This is also the first I have heard of about an issue like this after a firmware upgrade.

We have a firmware upgrade coming out within a week, you can wait to try this. If not, get your dealer to exchange it for a new one.

Unread postby Justin » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:11 pm

johnmacpherson wrote:

Which app did you use on the MyGica to run the speed test?

It was the one in the Apps repository called MyGica Speedtest. When started it just has a Start Button in the middle of the screen. When I launch it it flashes 'connection error', then proceeds with the test.

I downloaded the Speedtest from OOKLA and it does run the same speeds as the desktop version. The MyGica included app, Speedtest, has a connection error when launched and runs at 8 Mbps. I'll assume that it is the app not the device at this point.

Like others, I cannot see any WiFi connections, either during install or after by turning off Ethernet and turning on WiFi. To me it isn't a great problem now because I'm using Ethernet, but, would be nice to know it will work in the future before any warranty's expire.

I always use the OOKLA Speedtest app from the Play Store.

I have been reading some units not having the wifi not work, also had one come back to RMA like this, we were unable to fix it. Even opened the unit as well.

One last question Justin. Should I wait for the next release of the software, to see if the WiFi starts working, or should I request a RMA to have the device replaced??

I recently had a unit with the same issue you are having. I tried the new firmware update on it, and it did not fix the issue.

So I would suggest an RMA.

I have the solution!!!!

1. Copy the firmware "NEW ATV 582/1800E UBoot and Firmware File 07/24" from this board on a SD Card, formatted in FAT32, und put that into the box.

2. Boot the system in the flash modus

3. Wipe factory reset - 3x

4. Wipe cache - 3x

5 Reboot the box. After install, go to Wifi connection. After 2 minutes, you can see your Wifi connections.

6. Format the SD Card and copy this boot sequence on the card: http://pan.baidu.com/s/1nt7h1C9 ( I became the link directly from Geniatech support)

7. Download this file: http://pan.baidu.com/s/1hqtK8BU and copy into the SD Card

8. Put the SD Card into the box

9. Reboot the box in the flash mode. After install, go to Wifi connection. After 2 minutes, you can see your Wifi connections.

Many thanks to Lucy and Elaine from Geniatech!

I have the solution!!!!

1. Copy the firmware "NEW ATV 582/1800E UBoot and Firmware File 07/24" from this board on a SD Card, formatted in FAT32, und put that into the box.

2. Boot the system in the flash modus

3. Wipe factory reset - 3x

4. Wipe cache - 3x

5 Reboot the box. After install, go to Wifi connection. After 2 minutes, you can see your Wifi connections.

6. Format the SD Card and copy this boot sequence on the card: http://pan.baidu.com/s/1nt7h1C9 ( I became the link directly from Geniatech support)

7. Download this file: http://pan.baidu.com/s/1hqtK8BU and copy into the SD Card

8. Put the SD Card into the box

9. Reboot the box in the flash mode. After install, go to Wifi connection. After 2 minutes, you can see your Wifi connections.

Many thanks to Lucy and Elaine from Geniatech!

ProTV, you are definitely a pro :D

thank you very much for posted this solution, i had the same problem after a bunch of mistakes i made, but i just follow your instructions and now my 1800e is perfect, thanks :)

There is no need to buy a Wi-Fi/Wireless router to share your USB Internet Connection on other PC’s, Smartphones and on iPads etc. You can share your “Wired” or “USB” Internet connection with other devices “Wirelessly”.Here’s is one easy way to share your internet connection with other devices, without need for a wireless router. It’s simple. You use your laptop as a WiFi hotspot instead.

1. Laptop/Desktop PC with Built-in Wi-Fi

2. WiFi HotSpot Creator