Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

steveo

1800 stuck on install from update

Hi again people

I got my 1800 box back from hong kong after it was sent back for repair. Justin was very helpful in trying to get it to work ..thanks again.

So my new problem has arrived after trying this update from Everbest HK electronics store http://www.everbesthk.com/8-download/mygica_download.htm. My bootloader number matched so i thought upgrading to the 20141218 version img. It seem to update fine then went back into recovery mode. pulled power to reboot ...back into recovery mode. I then tried uploading an older version uboot files like it says to do for the 582 but using the new 20141218 version.

Said installation aborted ...can't find mygica atv582_20140801.img

So moved this file mygica atv582_20140801.img to the sd card

Again says install failed.

It wants to boot and keep installing update but aborts every time, plus recovery screen wont navigate with remote.

Any thoughts on how to get this up and running again?

See screen shots of the recovery screen.

DSC_0647.JPG.4fa224e09d144c64dc342fc257a5d991.JPG

Hi again people

I got my 1800 box back from hong kong after it was sent back for repair. Justin was very helpful in trying to get it to work ..thanks again.

So my new problem has arrived after trying this update from Everbest HK electronics store http://www.everbesthk.com/8-download/mygica_download.htm. My bootloader number matched so i thought upgrading to the 20141218 version img. It seem to update fine then went back into recovery mode. pulled power to reboot ...back into recovery mode. I then tried uploading an older version uboot files like it says to do for the 582 but using the new 20141218 version.

Said installation aborted ...can't find mygica atv582_20140801.img

So moved this file mygica atv582_20140801.img to the sd card

Again says install failed.

It wants to boot and keep installing update but aborts every time, plus recovery screen wont navigate with remote.

Any thoughts on how to get this up and running again?

See screen shots of the recovery screen.

Try this update

Should fix the issue that you are having

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=2163

Thanks Justin

Before i go head with this. I bought this box in HK it's the atv1800 not the 1800e will this still work? Plus i guess i just use a USB keyboard to navigate the recovery menu?

Thanks Justin

Before i go head with this. I bought this box in HK it's the atv1800 not the 1800e will this still work? Plus i guess i just use a USB keyboard to navigate the recovery menu?

This should work.

And there is no need for recovery mode. This method basically re installs the entire OS and does a full factory reset. So once you let go of the reset button, within 5-8 minutes it should bring up the Welcome Screen.

For recovery mode though, yes you can use a USB Keyboard

@justin

that update didn't work sorry to say. It gets about 10% into the install with the android man screen then seems to stop/freeze. Any other firmwares i should try?

@justin

that update didn't work sorry to say. It gets about 10% into the install with the android man screen then seems to stop/freeze. Any other firmwares i should try?

Try loading this firmware

viewtopic.php?f=119&t=1956

Manually through the Recovery Screen.

Once loaded, hit reboot. It should now reload the Android OS.

@Justin .... again that didn't work and i know it should of after reading alot of other peoples issues with upgrades. Anyway in the end I used some atv582 20140724 firmware. Booted up and installed nicely then jumped straight to the latest atv582 upgrade so all working now. I'm guessing that my 1800box has the same hardware configuration as the atv582 ie only 1g of ram.

Many thanks again Justin for trying to help.

@Justin .... again that didn't work and i know it should of after reading alot of other peoples issues with upgrades. Anyway in the end I used some atv582 20140724 firmware. Booted up and installed nicely then jumped straight to the latest atv582 upgrade so all working now. I'm guessing that my 1800box has the same hardware configuration as the atv582 ie only 1g of ram.

Many thanks again Justin for trying to help.

Ok good to hear you got it working.

If you bought your 1800E outside of Canada, then you might have gotten a 1GB version. We only ever sold 2GB version.