Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kicsrules

help with audio (hardware)

ok here it goes, i recently acquired a soundbar which only has rca and 3.5 line aux input... my tv only has spdif out, here's what i want to do:

mygica box has two outputs for sound, hdmi and a 3.5 A/V output...

can i connect hdmi to tv (which i currently have connected) and 3.5 A/V output to soundbar at the same time without affecting the box ??

decided to test it myself..... it works, but i want to know it is safe for the box ??

i just had to enable (un-mute) spdif from the settings (video) section, the only thing is that i have two 3.5 A/V cables and neither of them work correcty only right side sound is coming out...

what A/V video cable do i need for the mygica ? it didnt come with one, only hdmi cable

ok this is what i found..... since i didnt remember if the box came with A/V cables i had to search of an unboxin on QFwzCGqW3VU

ok so i found the cable 8dZjaA6.jpg

i connected it Kkr4JOy.jpg

sound only comes out from one side :cry:

i tried another similar cable from a video camera... and it had the same results :|

am i doing something wrong ???

rca cables are fine (already checked them and tried another pair)

I helped a customer set up his ATV582 with RCA. He was having issues with video. The sound worked fine but the video did not.

I determined that when the HDMI and RCA were hooked up at the same time his issue was present. If I disconnected the HDMI, video and sound worked fine using RCA.

My suggestion would be to try the RCA connection on its own without the HDMI cable plugged in. See if you get Video and Audio working the way it should be. If it does you know its because both were hooked up. If you are still experiencing audio issues, I would suspect its either the cable that came with the box, the box itself, or possibly a setting.

When you are testing sound, what are you using? Are you using Kodi? Youtube?

any app that i use the sound comes out from only one side, i will have to report next week since i'm no longer near the box till a week from now...

any app that i use the sound comes out from only one side, i will have to report next week since i'm no longer near the box till a week from now...

Ok let us know

Thanks