Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Molson

Mygica 1200 cycling on and off

Ok, so I have the newest firmware installed yesterday, this issue happened before and after the new firmware, it is not a massive issue, but it is very annoying and i am wondering if there is a a fix. Basically, once the box is turned off (on tap on the pwr button) or in standy by, either one is the same. I will be watching tv on my shaw cable box, and the mygica1200 light will turn green for a moment, the hdmi switch I have them both hooked up to will briefly switch to the mygica, then it will go red on the front led again and it will slowly switch back to my shaw cable box. the onl;y way i can avoid this almost constant cylcing, is to hard power off the box with the button on the front. Another thing i noticed, if I get a STATIC shock across the room, the mygica will cycle on, or if it is on, i have seen it skip forward on the show i was streaming..lol I have it and all the items hooked up to the tv on a surge bar... any suggestions would be appreciated, and thank you for the kodi 14.1 update, much appreciated.

Hi Molson, yes i have a similar problem and my sister has the same problem too on the mygica 1200, when my box is in standby mode red light will then go to green light and then to red light ,you can read the reply from justin on my post regarding this problem .i also have mygica 1800e. and don't have this problem !! the only thing that seems to helps Is to reload firmware and the box is more stable. it only seems to cycle every now and again and not every 20 minutes like it used to hope this is some help to you. regarding your updates of kodi 14.1. did you put this update. on your box as in using the update app and then using local or bye holding the pin in the back of box. as in factory reset. also when you unzip file did you get only one image file or seven separate files i know this is getting away from our problem of the red light situation so thanking you for your time George

This issue has been addressed on other threads in our forums.

The issue is not with the box itself, its the fact that while in standby mode, certain apps are requesting data, so therefore turning the box on/off.

If you turn your wifi or ethernet off before entering into standby mode, this issue will be resolved.