Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

joshi04

Feb 2015 update issues

Hi, I have been reading and watching videos all day re: upg my mygica 1800e to latest FW so that I can test magtv emulator. I have the 02/2015 FW on a SD card. I did the manual upg. and I have no issues with the update (after a few trial and errors), Once the system reboots and I go back and check my device info, still shows the old file info, one form Nov 2014.

Also, my XBMC still says xbmc and not Kodi (so I know the update did not work). I also tried to do the update within Mygica update software under local, and it doesn't even see any file on my SD card. I formatted the card fat32.

Thank you in advance.

Sounds like you are on the factory stock firmware that was released on the 6 of Feb 2015.

It all depends how your AML factory file is structured.

Best is to wait for the Mygica firmware which should be released shortly.

No - that's factory stock firmware, no customization or GMS certification nor Dolby Digital licensing ... and other Mygica tweaks. Also no working Google Play store version ...

Best is to wait it out, when Justin releases it, it will be ready and tailored for your box.

The new firmware update that will work best with MAG TV is not available yet.

Even the new February update that I will post soon for everyone to try, does not work properly yet from what I was told

The Dual Core firmware I released last week, works amazing for MAG TV though.

As far as I know, MAG TV provides you with a MAC Address to use for any services you wish to subscribe to. If you are using an original MAG 250/254/260, you can just use the MAC address from those devices on this app as well. You just need to edit the MAC Address under profile settings of the app.

@freakrant It sounds like an IPTV portal where you can subscribe to services ... I could be wrong but your guess is as good as mine. The MAG TV app eumulates a set top box the Mag 250 in this case. If others know more feel free to chip in.

The MAGTV Emulator requires you to have a subscription from a service provider that provides service on MAG 250/254/260 boxes.

This app will not do anything for you, unless you have a subscription to a service. You can use the MAC address created for you by the app to subscribe to a service provider for MAG 250/254/260

Services for these types of boxes have been popping up a lot lately, and have started to become very popular recently.

As stated before, this is only an added feature to use on MyGica, its not for everyone.

Everyone is trying to either cut their cable bill or satellite bill.

I welcome all available options to do so.

Good initiative, MAG TV is exclusive to Mygica, it doesn't work on other boxes.