Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

daking67

Out of Internal Data

Hello I have noticed that I have ran out of data on my MyGica ATV 520. I have tried to attach my 8gb micro sd card to my box, and move over XBMC to the sd card since it is taking up all the space but was unable. Can anyone help me out, thankyou.

Hello I have noticed that I have ran out of data on my MyGica ATV 520. I have tried to attach my 8gb micro sd card to my box, and move over XBMC to the sd card since it is taking up all the space but was unable. Can anyone help me out, thankyou.

XBMC can only be on the Internal memory, you cannot move it to an SD card, we would suggest moving other apps to your SD card to free up space.

How many add ons do you have installed onto XBMC?

This is the first time I am hearing of a box running out of internal memory.

Let me know

Thanks

Thanks for the quick reply I haven't installed any addons on my MyGica box only apps I have are the ones that keep with the box. Instead I uninstalled most such as Netflix, Angrybirds, and Facebook. I am pretty sure XBMC is using up all of the 1.5GB of internal memory. I have done some searching online and found this thread on xbmc forums http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=185366 they are experiencing same issue.

Thanks for the quick reply I haven't installed any addons on my MyGica box only apps I have are the ones that keep with the box. Instead I uninstalled most such as Netflix, Angrybirds, and Facebook. I am pretty sure XBMC is using up all of the 1.5GB of internal memory. I have done some searching online and found this thread on xbmc forums http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=185366 they are experiencing same issue.

I need to know how many add ons you have installed onto XBMC, this includes Video add ons, Music add ons, Program add ons, it sounds like you have a lot of add ons installed onto your box inside XBMC.

I have never heard of this problem before, and I currently use an ATV 1200 with 70 video add ons.

This video will show you how to make an SD card your internal storage device on any Android device. This should help with your internal storage problem.

I am sorry I understood you wrong I thought you were talking about how many addons/apps are on the MyGica box. My correct answer is I have around 600mb in XBMC data including addons, skins, and anything else installed. There are around 50 video addons and 10 program addons. Here is a pic of my settings under storage http://oi61.tinypic.com/34sp502.jpg

And yes I have seen the video but at around 2 minutes in the video when it says to click on external sd card device access the number that showed up wasn't in the list.

I am sorry I understood you wrong I thought you were talking about how many addons/apps are on the MyGica box. My correct answer is I have around 600mb in XBMC data including addons, skins, and anything else installed. There are around 50 video addons and 10 program addons. Here is a pic of my settings under storage http://oi61.tinypic.com/34sp502.jpg

And yes I have seen the video but at around 2 minutes in the video when it says to click on external sd card device access the number that showed up wasn't in the list.

It says you have over 1GB of internal storage available after looking at that picture, so not sure why it says your out of internal memory

The only suggestion I can make is to backup XBMC and do a full factory reset within the settings menu.

OK I will try the factory reset. However the internal SD card is full but the internal storage isnt. Why are they split into two?

One part of the storage has the Android operating system, the other part has all the apps, this is why its split

Well I have factory reset the box and I am happy to say that it worked. I have 700mb of free space and only 300mb space used compared to before were I had 1Gb used and 0mb free. I do not know what happened but I am satisfied thank you for you help :D. I still think it would be nice if I can use micro sd as the internal storage :)

Well I have factory reset the box and I am happy to say that it worked. I have 700mb of free space and only 300mb space used compared to before were I had 1Gb used and 0mb free. I do not know what happened but I am satisfied thank you for you help :D. I still think it would be nice if I can use micro sd as the internal storage :)

Ok sounds great

And I will look into making your SD card, Internal storage, as this would be a very good feature. This might take a few weeks to happen though.

What version of XBMC Gotahm do I download for this box Android-ARM or Android-x86

Android-ARM

Since the chipset in your model is an ARM Chipset from AMlogic