Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

asn

Install Kodi 14.2 helix in ATV 1200 4.2.2

HI guys I am new to this site. If I am doing anything wrong Direct me to the right path.

I had an Old myGica Atv 1200 with 4,1 firmware. with xbmc frodo 12.x in it.

I tried to use it with YOU TUBE and other addons.

I am not sure , If it was my inexperience or stupidity,It didnt worked for me. I gave up and decided to try to Install KODI in it.

1. First I Installed the firmware update 4.2.2. (It still had the XBMC on it and wasnt working for me as well) http://www.mygicasupport.com/download/file.php?id=71&sid=ca72b01f920e4e8665fa5288505a6e14

2. So I hard reset my box and erase all data on my box.

http://www.mygicasupport.com/viewtopic.php?%20%20f=10&t=1521&sid=c03bb1313e40397ff76f69ad4354c9d2&sid=ca72b01f920e4e8665fa5288505a6e14#p2403

3. Without using the XBMC program on it, I downloaded the Kodi 14.2 helix for ARM on a USB stick and install it using the file manager,

(http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/android/arm/kodi-14.2-Helix-armeabi-v7a.apk )

4. then I start the KODI app on the screen and install XXXXXX and other add-ons as usual.

http://www.tvaddons.ag/fusion-installer-kodi/

5. I am surprised that I am able to use the KODI 14.2 on my old myGica box and able to open up the whole new world out there, through You tube , Navix, Ice-film..Etc ...Etc

My question is , Does everyone with an old myGica atv 1200 are able to run Kodi on your box?

Why there isn't much help on this forum about it. ( OR Am blind not to see that?)

Lot of other places they are talking negatively about Brick the BOX

All I want to tell Honestly to the OLD MyGica box owners ... There is a new world out there .. Enjoy what I enjoy... :lol::P

If you are already there ..... Sorry for immaturely, wasting your time

No 3rd party Add-on names allowed on our Fourms

ATV1200 we are still selling strong, its a real good unit, and yes Kodi 14.2 still working flawless on it, we are working on Mygica edition of Kodi 14.2 but no eta yet on when its ready we will bring a link for downloading

as much as it goes for for support we get questions yes, but nothing to do with box problem

- if its brick then yes get some

for software its working like charm no questions there

As a follow up or take on the post by asn above, I have successfully installed 'Kodi 15.0 RC2', currently the version latest out (after uninstalling Kodi 14.1 that came with the latest Gica update). The Kodi shortcut on the main Android ribbon continues to work with this new version.

Possibly of interest to some might be that I was able to restore to Kodi v15 the backup I made from within Kodi 14.1 (using Backup addon from Kodi repo) - all repositories and addons etc., all that is missing is addon shortcuts which have to be re-added manually (Backup never restores those even on the same Kodi version).

Of possible further interest to those who use default Kodi skin Confluence but wish for more than five addon shortcuts (and find all other available skins lacking or confusing in one way or another), I found moded skin 'Confluence - hwy2015 Mod by TheHighway' that was made for Kodi v14 Helix and which still works fine in Kodi v15 Isengard (the skin is available from SuperRepo repository, google for it). The skin gives 25 shortcuts for Video and 10 shortcuts for all other. That is great if you are configuring box for lay users for whom it is too much to ask to go to the Video addon menu to launch addons from there. I myself like having all the shortcuts available on the 'surface' of the Kodi interface too.

I have also installed 'XXXX' version of Kodi (currently installs Helix v 14.2) which is selfconfiguring Kodi and which can be installed alongside the usual Kodi install (that one which is launched by the shortcut from the Android main shortcut bar).

All this means is we don't really need new firmware from MyGica developers unless they come up with some under the hood Android improvements. I for one would welcome some insider info, like how to add/remove shortcut button onto that bar in Android, if it is not some too involved programing (at source code level) but is the matter of just changing some script, .ini or .cfg file change and similar.

Shouldn't MyGica ATV1200 developers work not on 14.2 but on v15 image?

we are in communications for another OS version to have Kodi 15.X be part of the OS stay tuned...

As a follow up or take on the post by asn above, I have successfully installed 'Kodi 15.0 RC2', currently the version latest out (after uninstalling Kodi 14.1 that came with the latest Gica update). The Kodi shortcut on the main Android ribbon continues to work with this new version.

Possibly of interest to some might be that I was able to restore to Kodi v15 the backup I made from within Kodi 14.1 (using Backup addon from Kodi repo) - all repositories and addons etc., all that is missing is addon shortcuts which have to be re-added manually (Backup never restores those even on the same Kodi version).

Of possible further interest to those who use default Kodi skin Confluence but wish for more than five addon shortcuts (and find all other available skins lacking or confusing in one way or another), I found moded skin 'Confluence - hwy2015 Mod by TheHighway' that was made for Kodi v14 Helix and which still works fine in Kodi v15 Isengard (the skin is available from SuperRepo repository, google for it). The skin gives 25 shortcuts for Video and 10 shortcuts for all other. That is great if you are configuring box for lay users for whom it is too much to ask to go to the Video addon menu to launch addons from there. I myself like having all the shortcuts available on the 'surface' of the Kodi interface too.

I have also installed 'XXXX' version of Kodi (currently installs Helix v 14.2) which is selfconfiguring Kodi and which can be installed alongside the usual Kodi install (that one which is launched by the shortcut from the Android main shortcut bar).

All this means is we don't really need new firmware from MyGica developers unless they come up with some under the hood Android improvements. I for one would welcome some insider info, like how to add/remove shortcut button onto that bar in Android, if it is not some too involved programming (at source code level) but is the matter of just changing some script, .ini or .cfg file change and similar.

Thank you for your awesome responds, just some parts should not be part of this forums, since alot of things happening lately with Kodi and 3rd party add-ons and its good not to mention those parts ;)

except that i love your words :)

I have the mygica atv 585 and it has been freezing on me again and again. Now I can't even sync my remote to navigate through the menu. I know it has the power to have just OSMC installed on it so I wanted to know what I need to do to boot it up and install OSMC on it. I don't want anything else on it, just bare OSMC. Can anyone genius enough help me. And explain it like you would to an idiot please.

I have the mygica atv 585 and it has been freezing on me again and again. Now I can't even sync my remote to navigate through the menu. I know it has the power to have just OSMC installed on it so I wanted to know what I need to do to boot it up and install OSMC on it. I don't want anything else on it, just bare OSMC. Can anyone genius enough help me. And explain it like you would to an idiot please.

We do not have OSMC but have OPENELEC which is similar

Can be found here

viewtopic.php?f=156&t=4119