Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dr Proctor

Bricked ATV1200 need original 4.1 firmware

Hello forum. Before people jump on me with RTFM. I tried to search for original 4.1 that system came with but had no luck due broken links.

The story is that by buddy tried to flush 4.2 over original 4.1 and totally bricked it. I mean not even a reset button on the back works. So I was given that 1200. And I have another one that is fully functioning. I was able to get it into recovery and booting from SD card. But every time I flush it with a firmware it is bricked again. Can anyone point me to ORIGINAL 4.1 firmware with which 1200 came with. (This is how I recovered my own 1200). After that I know how to do. I know you need to upgrade 4.1 to 4.2 and then flash with 4.2. Thanks.

I was able to find it on an older hard drive of mine.

Not sure if you really care, and this is totally off subject, but you might want to look at a cloud storage option called "Degoo". You get 100 Gig free to do with as you wish. The part I like best is that you can link it to your phone, your laptop, etc. I just installed the Android version on my work phone to see how it works and I like it. I was bored out of my skull a couple of days ago while on vacation and I found it while surfing and it looked promising.

And in case you're wondering, yes it's officially available on the Google Play Store, and yes it quite probably works on your Android box. Actually, having 100 gig dedicated to your Android box that nobody else can access might not be a bad thing...

I was able to find it on an older hard drive of mine.

Not sure if you really care, and this is totally off subject, but you might want to look at a cloud storage option called "Degoo". You get 100 Gig free to do with as you wish. The part I like best is that you can link it to your phone, your laptop, etc. I just installed the Android version on my work phone to see how it works and I like it. I was bored out of my skull a couple of days ago while on vacation and I found it while surfing and it looked promising.

And in case you're wondering, yes it's officially available on the Google Play Store, and yes it quite probably works on your Android box. Actually, having 100 gig dedicated to your Android box that nobody else can access might not be a bad thing...

Thanks for sharing, I will give it a try.

Oh my. Took me forever to figure out a proper steps. All steps posted everywhere else dont work right and brick it again. (stangely those steps are very similar to unbricking android phones.) I was able to get it to very first firmware that doesnt even have Kodi. But it boots and works. Had to shorten 2 legs on a chip to make it boot. No wonder regular people will never ever recover those things. Now have to very careful to get it to 4.2.2 without bricking it again.

Is there an update from 4.1 to 4.2 that is 100% guaranteed no to brick the unit. I remember there was a package that upgraded from 4.1 to 4.2.1 and after that there was a package to upgrade from 4.2.1 to 4.2.2. Are there are links for those firmware.

Is there an update from 4.1 to 4.2 that is 100% guaranteed no to brick the unit. I remember there was a package that upgraded from 4.1 to 4.2.1 and after that there was a package to upgrade from 4.2.1 to 4.2.2. Are there are links for those firmware.

We have only ever offered 4.2.2 Upgrade, there has never been a different 4.2 upgrade

We have used the exact same files listed in the downloads section for 4.1 to 4.2 on 1000s of units at our office over the years and have never bricked a single unit.