Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dave69695

DSTV now and Supersport app

DSTV now and Supersport app

live in South Africa and have a MyGica ATV 585...I can load Dstv now and Supersport app and can use the app ok...problem is there is no streaming on the app....help fix plz...I own a dstv subscription and heard guys can run app off the unit...I would love to know how .

Howsit Dave

I had the same issue.  The problem is that DSTV blocks rooted devices.  You can install SuperSu and RootCloak from the play store.

In SuperSu, disable the root user and in RootCloak add an exception for DSTV apps.  Works for me.

There is a unroot patch for the 585 and 582 in the downloads sections

This has been confirmed to work by others.

On 2/5/2017 at 5:03 PM, Andre said:

Howsit Dave

I had the same issue.  The problem is that DSTV blocks rooted devices.  You can install SuperSu and RootCloak from the play store.

In SuperSu, disable the root user and in RootCloak add an exception for DSTV apps.  Works for me.

@AndreCare to share step by step how you managed to fix the problem.

I have the MyGica585 and can't stream Dstv Now or Supersport.

I've downloaded SuperSu and RootCloak but can't seem to get them working.

On 5/9/2017 at 3:57 PM, GiellaLouw said:

@AndreCare to share step by step how you managed to fix the problem.

I have the MyGica585 and can't stream Dstv Now or Supersport.

I've downloaded SuperSu and RootCloak but can't seem to get them working.

Please I would also like a step by step

downloaded the root patch, root check confirms device is not rooted anymore.

But dstv 4.3.0 app not working still shows "unexpected error occurred" when trying to play a channel.

On 8/9/2017 at 5:09 AM, wiets said:

downloaded the root patch, root check confirms device is not rooted anymore.

But dstv 4.3.0 app not working still shows "unexpected error occurred" when trying to play a channel.

Please contact 

support@mygica.com

As we are not familiar with these apps since were in North America.

In regards to everyone's DSTV Issues

Since our main set of Moderators are based in Canada & USA, including myself. we do not use DSTV. I found out this is mainly used in South Africa.

I have asked for a new moderator to help support this since they are familiar with DSTV
They will be joining our forum later this week and will start to respond and assist all of you that are having issues using DSTV on MyGica boxes.

Thanks

Justin

I actually don't understand the logic behind Multichoices actions for banning with DRM errors, nor have I read anything about Android TV Boxes being banned. All this does is force people onto alternative providers.

The new moderator is located at our office in China

The whole country is on their Autumn festival this week until Oct 8th
I will have them posting on here by the 10th.

I had the old version of dstv 1.40.1 that was still working on my mygica 1900pro box. It was working up until last night. Today however it says that there is error playing any videos and I must make sure my device is registered. I just bought this expensive box especially for dstv now and kodi.  How can I fix this problem. Is there any solution yet? 

Had the same issue with my 585.  If you want DSTV Now to work you basically have to do the following:

1. Roll back to the Firmware 4.4 KitKat Android  - This will fix the unique Device ID issue.
  2. Install HidemyRoot App from Playstore or something similiar and hide the SU ID - This will Unroot your device
  3. Install older APK manually for DSTV Now - I am using version 1.39.1 at the moment.

Once you have all of this it should work on your 585.  The only drawback I experience with the above is

• Older version of Netflix
  • Older version of Kodi  

The latest version for the above require Android 5.0.  That being said....everything still works on Netflix so I am no to fazed about this.

On 3/28/2018 at 5:12 AM, PaulNunes said:

I have a 582 unrooted device. My DSTV Now app is working for Live TV but not catch up. Anyone else have this problem and how could I fix it?

Sounds like an issue with the DSTV app itself, since one thing (Live TV ) is working and another thing (catchup) is not