Jump to content
bkwashby

Have 1900Pro users been put on the back burner in favor of supporting only the newest boxes?

Recommended Posts

Have 1900Pro users been put on the back burner in favor of supporting only the newest boxes?

I've asked multiple times; When are we going to get a firmware update that will address the audio problem with the new kodi 17? If after watching a video file with AC3 you want to exit kodi to use another app or even stream from an addon in kodi that is AAC audio, you have to restart the box to get that PCM audio back. Justin told me in the summer that he had a new update that he needed to test for a couple weeks. It's now going on December and still no fix for this problem or response to my repeated inquiries. Seriously this box was $200 when I bought it in April, when the hell is there going to be a fix?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to agree with you there bkwashby... If I had know I was goin to have this issue with this box I would have not got it... Between this issue and wifi dropping all the time have to reset my box and few times for it to work... Got mine in June so way to long to get a refund on it which sucks... Could have paid alot less for for a box with no issues like this 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/30/2017 at 3:29 PM, bkwashby said:

Have 1900Pro users been put on the back burner in favor of supporting only the newest boxes?

I've asked multiple times; When are we going to get a firmware update that will address the audio problem with the new kodi 17? If after watching a video file with AC3 you want to exit kodi to use another app or even stream from an addon in kodi that is AAC audio, you have to restart the box to get that PCM audio back. Justin told me in the summer that he had a new update that he needed to test for a couple weeks. It's now going on December and still no fix for this problem or response to my repeated inquiries. Seriously this box was $200 when I bought it in April, when the hell is there going to be a fix?

Hello, any chance MY Gica support or Justin could get me an answer to this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Guys,

The update that Justin mentioned earlier was something we hoped the engineers had sorted this issue on. The update obviously didnt have this.

We have spent an incredible amount of time trying to solve this before realizing that this is an issue with the chipset. Once we finally figured out what was causing the problem (longer than we had hoped to take) we involved AM Logic to work on this. This is an apparent issue on this chipset line. 

I assure you we have not turned out backs on this issue. We know 100% that turning away in favor of new units will not give us any success. We aren't some huge company like Apple that can afford to just turn a bind eye to ongoing problems. These types of issues going unsolved do not disappear for us. There's not one single person in this company who feels differently than what I am saying. This is important!

While Justin has been taking on more roles here, others have stepped in to assist him on the development of our current AOSP lineup of boxes. 

I just want to mention some ways that we have supported our loyal customers in hopes that it means something and shows we are not trying to do a money grab from the people who have helped us grow.

ATV1200- This box was discontinued in 2013. We were addressing and releasing updates for software limitations of current firmware until Feb-2015

Android 4.4 - Within only several months after we discontinued our 1800e Model,  KODI made their newest software reliant on having android 5 or higher. The chipset manufacturer did not provide the tools or the SDK to companies to create a higher android on those versions of chips. We set out and developed our own 5.1 for the 1800e, 1900ac, 380, 582 and a couple others. While it wasn't our fault and we had no way of anticipating this happening, we knew we could not go back and suggest to people who bought one of those products, that they must buy another.

MMC-  For the massive number of people who either didn't have the know-how to upgrade to this 5.1, and for the much larger crowd of people running android 4.4 on other brand boxes, we created a fork of KODI 17 called MyGica Media Center. This was a fairly large expense to us knowing that the majority of people using it would not be customers of ours. MMC works on android 4.4. 

 

While we ask every day from the engineers about an update on this, it is unfortunately up to the collaboration of our engineers, developers and AM Logic's engineers. We are waiting with baited breath just like everyone else. I can personally say that I am probably anticipating this update more than anyone else.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, MyGica Support said:

Hi Guys,

The update that Justin mentioned earlier was something we hoped the engineers had sorted this issue on. The update obviously didnt have this.

We have spent an incredible amount of time trying to solve this before realizing that this is an issue with the chipset. Once we finally figured out what was causing the problem (longer than we had hoped to take) we involved AM Logic to work on this. This is an apparent issue on this chipset line. 

I assure you we have not turned out backs on this issue. We know 100% that turning away in favor of new units will not give us any success. We aren't some huge company like Apple that can afford to just turn a bind eye to ongoing problems. These types of issues going unsolved do not disappear for us. There's not one single person in this company who feels differently than what I am saying. This is important!

While Justin has been taking on more roles here, others have stepped in to assist him on the development of our current AOSP lineup of boxes. 

I just want to mention some ways that we have supported our loyal customers in hopes that it means something and shows we are not trying to do a money grab from the people who have helped us grow.

ATV1200- This box was discontinued in 2013. We were addressing and releasing updates for software limitations of current firmware until Feb-2015

Android 4.4 - Within only several months after we discontinued our 1800e Model,  KODI made their newest software reliant on having android 5 or higher. The chipset manufacturer did not provide the tools or the SDK to companies to create a higher android on those versions of chips. We set out and developed our own 5.1 for the 1800e, 1900ac, 380, 582 and a couple others. While it wasn't our fault and we had no way of anticipating this happening, we knew we could not go back and suggest to people who bought one of those products, that they must buy another.

MMC-  For the massive number of people who either didn't have the know-how to upgrade to this 5.1, and for the much larger crowd of people running android 4.4 on other brand boxes, we created a fork of KODI 17 called MyGica Media Center. This was a fairly large expense to us knowing that the majority of people using it would not be customers of ours. MMC works on android 4.4. 

 

While we ask every day from the engineers about an update on this, it is unfortunately up to the collaboration of our engineers, developers and AM Logic's engineers. We are waiting with baited breath just like everyone else. I can personally say that I am probably anticipating this update more than anyone else.

The chipset issue, is that strictly hardware or can it be corrected with software? If it is strictly hardware, what will you guys be doing to address it for people who already have the box?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, bkwashby said:

The chipset issue, is that strictly hardware or can it be corrected with software? If it is strictly hardware, what will you guys be doing to address it for people who already have the box?

The chipset company has assured us and our engineers that they are close to finishing a patch for this that we can apply to our models. I really wish I had a clearer answer as to when other than what I am told, which is "soon". 

I cannot stress enough that this is a subject that is not going away for us and the longer it takes us to fix, only hurts us more. We share your frustration and will always come to a solution that has our loyal customers well-being at heart. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/15/2017 at 12:56 AM, MyGica Support said:

The chipset company has assured us and our engineers that they are close to finishing a patch for this that we can apply to our models. I really wish I had a clearer answer as to when other than what I am told, which is "soon". 

I cannot stress enough that this is a subject that is not going away for us and the longer it takes us to fix, only hurts us more. We share your frustration and will always come to a solution that has our loyal customers well-being at heart. 

Thanks for the long overdue update!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/14/2017 at 5:56 PM, MyGica Support said:

The chipset company has assured us and our engineers that they are close to finishing a patch for this that we can apply to our models. I really wish I had a clearer answer as to when other than what I am told, which is "soon". 

I cannot stress enough that this is a subject that is not going away for us and the longer it takes us to fix, only hurts us more. We share your frustration and will always come to a solution that has our loyal customers well-being at heart. 

Well it's been a month since I last checked in. Any new updates on the software fix for the chipset issue?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While continuing to research the issue,

Can I ask, what versions of KODI are you guys using where this issue is a problem?

I have had some users message me to say that these issues are not a problem on KODI 17.4, can anyone confirm this?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MyGica Support said:

While continuing to research the issue,

Can I ask, what versions of KODI are you guys using where this issue is a problem?

I have had some users message me to say that these issues are not a problem on KODI 17.4, can anyone confirm this?

 

I've had it with every version of kodi 17. Currently running 17.6.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, erndog said:

Issue is no longer there in version 17.4 for me anyway very Version after that has the pass though problem 

Doh, I was running the latest version until I downloaded version 17.5 which works so long as I don't use the pass through function. It still loses the GUI sounds occasionally but that's a non-issue. I'll try go to 17.4 sometime this week. Thanks for the reply.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of coarse it's not going to have the issue if the passthrough is off. The issue is caused when Kodi passes an AC3 audio signal and from what I've heard a DTS audio signal also. You turn passthrough off and Kodi converts all the audio to PCM which doesn't cause the problem.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/6/2018 at 5:39 PM, bkwashby said:

Of coarse it's not going to have the issue if the passthrough is off. The issue is caused when Kodi passes an AC3 audio signal and from what I've heard a DTS audio signal also. You turn passthrough off and Kodi converts all the audio to PCM which doesn't cause the problem.

...but then you're stuck with 2 channel audio for your files that are in 5.1 DD and DTS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, bkwashby said:

...but then you're stuck with 2 channel audio for your files that are in 5.1 DD and DTS.

That's the problem. 

Would using the optical port make a difference?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MattDbn said:

That's the problem. 

Would using the optical port make a difference?

I don't know, haven't tried it. I've just been restarting the box to get the audio back for other apps. Doubt using the optical out would make a difference. They said it was a chipset issue. So the chipset is still passing the DD and DTS regardless of what port it's going out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×