Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dlangejc

ATV 1800 -Google Lollipop OS

we got the warning, it's a beta.... thanks for coming through on your promise.

I look forward to improvements.

Ya, we got the warning. We were also told it's a "working" Beta which it's far from. What it is.... is a waste of time.

It is indeed a waste of time. A warning to anyone attempting to flash this beta:

- The bundled IR remote is not recognized either in recovery mode or when the OS is running.

- The Ethernet port cannot be turned on - WiFi only!

- Play store does not work.

Since the remote is not recognized in recovery mode, there is no way to do a factory reset or revert to an earlier ROM. This beta will effectively render your 1800 useless. Don't flash it!

It is indeed a waste of time. A warning to anyone attempting to flash this beta:

- The bundled IR remote is not recognized either in recovery mode or when the OS is running.

Since the remote is not recognized in recovery mode, there is no way to do a factory reset or revert to an earlier ROM. This beta will effectively render your 1800 useless. Don't flash it!

Upgraded this morning, erase and reset, then loaded the 1800 FW. It all went S M O O T H . Bundled remote worked, and, the KR300 also worked, right after the load, no additional steps needed. Didn't have sound via the HDMI but, found a setting in Apps/MSettings (?) that I had to change to look for Digital Sound. Running both Ethernet and WiFi at 25M.

I have little understanding on how someone could not perform this upgrade with the benefits that it provides.

Then again, I followed the suggested upgrade method.

Upgraded this morning, erase and reset, then loaded the 1800 FW. It all went S M O O T H . Bundled remote worked, and, the KR300 also worked, right after the load, no additional steps needed. Didn't have sound via the HDMI but, found a setting in Apps/MSettings (?) that I had to change to look for Digital Sound. Running both Ethernet and WiFi at 25M.

I have little understanding on how someone could not perform this upgrade with the benefits that it provides.

Then again, I followed the suggested upgrade method.

Sorry you referring to the 5.0.2 Update or the 4.4.2 update?

This is what makes things confusing. You commented on your 4.4 upgrade in the 5.0 thread...

I agree, the 4.4 ota seems fine. Now try the 5.0.2 Beta and see what you get... LOL

OK, I just ran a wipe on the 4.4.2 update and loaded the 5.0.2 Beta. It loaded OK, all apps were correct, but, I found no sound. I checked the various settings. Turned on and off System sounds, and in Digital I set it to Auto, PCM, HDMI, SPDIF all with no luck. The 1800 is connected via HDMI to Sony TV.

Picture seemed great. Went to Youtube and it looked OK. Both bundled and KR300 remotes worked.

Couldn't get any sound, so going back to the 4.4.2 FW.

NOTE: The bundled remote doesn't respond when doing a Factory Reset after the 5.0.5 FW was loaded. The KR300 works but is SUPER SENSITIVE. Sitting on a table and someone walking by is enough to have it register as a move.

Sorry for the confusion, I didn't know 5.0.2 was Lollipop. I thought the 4.4.2 was and they just changed the screens.

For the record, I managed to get back to 4.4.2 FW, with a Factory Reset and then a reload of the 4.4.2 FW off the SD card. Loaded Plex, Netflix and started the new KODI, all looks good, sound is all it's knocked up to be.

I will wait for a tad before attempting the 5.0 Lollipop instal again.

OK, I just ran a wipe on the 4.4.2 update and loaded the 5.0.2 Beta. It loaded OK, all apps were correct, but, I found no sound. I checked the various settings. Turned on and off System sounds, and in Digital I set it to Auto, PCM, HDMI, SPDIF all with no luck. The 1800 is connected via HDMI to Sony TV.

Picture seemed great. Went to Youtube and it looked OK. Both bundled and KR300 remotes worked.

Couldn't get any sound, so going back to the 4.4.2 FW.

NOTE: The bundled remote doesn't respond when doing a Factory Reset after the 5.0.5 FW was loaded. The KR300 works but is SUPER SENSITIVE. Sitting on a table and someone walking by is enough to have it register as a move.

Sorry for the confusion, I didn't know 5.0.2 was Lollipop. I thought the 4.4.2 was and they just changed the screens.

I think the issue with No Sound might have to due with your KR300, because usually when you plug in KR300 it switches the audio to output to the remote, and the issue here is there's no way to change the output sound back from USB output

If you want try loading 5.0 when using just a regular computer mouse/keyboard if that is all you have.

I have this same Firmware running on a TV in the front of our storefront here at the office and it does have sound.

Coffee was great and so to was the install of Lollipop on my 1800E. I re-installed this morning and had the same problem with the sound. I then switched the KR300 with a Logitech KR400 wireless keyboard and, "then there was sound and it was good". Thanks for the tip Justin. Despite what the guys say, you're not just another pretty face.

Ethernet doesn't work, WiFi running great at 25 M down and 10 M up.

KR300 doesn't work and neither does the remote that comes with the 1800. (Will they in the future?)

Not sure about the new Android UI. Then again I never got over losing the DOS cmd line. Future, I'll have to get use to it.

I had to change the Language, it was set to Australian.

Changed Time Zone, interestingly, you have to choose New York to get Eastern Daylight Time. My geographically challenged wife would be a lost cause setting it.

Loaded the Google Play version of Speed Test and Plex. Both are working great. Had a Plex for Android subscription but had to wait 1/2 hr for the OK before I could watch anything over 1 min.

Activated Netflix (the pre-loaded version), like others have said Great for a touch screen. Just another UI I'll have to get use to.

Bottom line in my case: seems to be working fine. I'll start with KODI this afternoon, when I get a chance. Would be nice to not have to junk my KR300!!

Again, thanks for the help.

Coffee was great and so to was the install of Lollipop on my 1800E. I re-installed this morning and had the same problem with the sound. I then switched the KR300 with a Logitech KR400 wireless keyboard and, "then there was sound and it was good". Thanks for the tip Justin. Despite what the guys say, you're not just another pretty face.

Ethernet doesn't work, WiFi running great at 25 M down and 10 M up.

KR300 doesn't work and neither does the remote that comes with the 1800. (Will they in the future?)

Not sure about the new Android UI. Then again I never got over losing the DOS cmd line. Future, I'll have to get use to it.

I had to change the Language, it was set to Australian.

Changed Time Zone, interestingly, you have to choose New York to get Eastern Daylight Time. My geographically challenged wife would be a lost cause setting it.

Loaded the Google Play version of Speed Test and Plex. Both are working great. Had a Plex for Android subscription but had to wait 1/2 hr for the OK before I could watch anything over 1 min.

Activated Netflix (the pre-loaded version), like others have said Great for a touch screen. Just another UI I'll have to get use to.

Bottom line in my case: seems to be working fine. I'll start with KODI this afternoon, when I get a chance. Would be nice to not have to junk my KR300!!

Again, thanks for the help.

Finalized version will have all remotes working for sure. The current remote code is for KR34 on this Beta, I will have to list this change on the download.

As for the time zone, it seems they have switched to cities rather then the normal -5:00, +5:00 and Eastern time zone list . I will have to get this changed to back to the old way, or to at least include every single major city across North America. This is confusing I agree.

Thanks for the feedback, let me know if you have more.

And No problem on the suggestion about the remote, it is what I am here for.

Will this beta version receive ota updates for more beta android 5? Or will it receive ota updates back to 4.4 kitkat? if any at all.

Thanks

Ran the 1800E all weekend with no problems. Youtube Video and Music, Plex TV and Movies. I also removed the pre-packaged version of Kodi and loaded the Kodi, Isengard 15.2. Used Fusion to load the MyGica, included, setup. Streamed a British TV show and watched a movie, all went great.

The one thing I did notice is that the power buttons for the remotes don't work, except for the one for my Sony Sound Bar (SSB). When I press power off on SSB, the sound bars shuts, the TV shuts and so does the MyGica. Funny thing is it never did that before. When I power the 1800E back on, I get no picture, hung, and have to unplug and re-power the box to get it back in sync.

Contrary to some posters, it seems to be running quite well, especially for a Beta release. This isn't an Apple I-Phone, nor a Windows OS. It's more of a Linux type system, complex with lots and lots of options that MUST be set properly. If not, you affect the whole system. For the Non-Teckkie, stick with the out-of-the-box implementation. Wait for updates like in the Apple world and ensure whatever you add has be thoroughly tested before adding it.

It does run quite well. In fact using the Shomi_ app for tablets as an example, it ran perfectly. On KitKat it would try to load and returned almost immediately to the app screen. same thing happened when I tried the app with the 1900 firmware, it would not start up using it either.

looking forward to more updates

I believe that it has been stated earlier that there would be no further work on Android 5.X for the 1800. The 4.x version was working great, so there was no advantage to going off it. I went to the latest 4.4 version last week and it's running great for me.

We plan to have an update to 5.1 for ATV 1900, just spoke with them about it last night. After 3 days of meetings with them at their office in China last week.

This 5.1 update will work on 1800/582/380 as well for the 1900, so if you want to use it, you can.

5.1 will be the last OS update for S802/S812 Chipsets, as AMlogic has told me they will no longer have new AOSP updates for these chipsets.

I take it that S802/S812 chipset is the one being used in the 1800E device?

S802 is being used on 1800

S812 is being used on the 1900