Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dlangejc

ATV 1800 -Google Lollipop OS

The 1900 Firmware *WAS* in the thread "ATV1900ac 09/24 FIRMWARE FILE **MANUAL UPDATE**" in the 1900 downloads section but it's been removed so don't waste your time looking for it. No explanation as to why. Maybe Justin is unaware that it's no longer available for download....

I have it and can send it to you, just PM me where. Just be aware of the lack of ethernet and volume issues in Kodi.

This is good news, cant wait for the OTA update.

Just one question, will this allow the 1800e to use voice search. and if so where can i get a remote like the one used for the 1900 box, with the voice button?

Maybe good news for you but I consider this another fail.

I am new to these forums. Reading about the up coming release of android 5.0 sounded like good news, but now I am beginning to wonder based on the replies I have read. Come November 18 we shall see. I'm hoping for the best.

The 1900 Firmware *WAS* in the thread "ATV1900ac 09/24 FIRMWARE FILE **MANUAL UPDATE**" in the 1900 downloads section but it's been removed so don't waste your time looking for it. No explanation as to why. Maybe Justin is unaware that it's no longer available for download....

I have it and can send it to you, just PM me where. Just be aware of the lack of ethernet and volume issues in Kodi.

I removed the download because that version was killing Ethernet on 1900

I am new to these forums. Reading about the up coming release of android 5.0 sounded like good news, but now I am beginning to wonder based on the replies I have read. Come November 18 we shall see. I'm hoping for the best.

This OTA update wont be Android 5

im confused justin ? the 1800 firmware wont be android 5.0 or wont be OTA ? thanks..

Btw.. everyone else out there like me waitin and wanting the upgrade.. remember.. good things come with patience.. and this new update is definitely worth the wait...

im confused justin ? the 1800 firmware wont be android 5.0 or wont be OTA ? thanks..

Btw.. everyone else out there like me waitin and wanting the upgrade.. remember.. good things come with patience.. and this new update is definitely worth the wait...

Sorry I should have been more clear

The OTA update will be an update on the current OS of 4.4.2

We had to delay this OTA update by about 5 days since we have to add a Wifi Disconnect fix. So should be available about Nov 23rd.

LOL! I should have made a bet there would be no OTA this week. Would have been easy money.

Sorry about that. Just Wifi disconnect was an issue we had to fix.

Ok, so things are clear.... there will be an OTA update, but it won't be the Lollipop (5.x.x) update that we have all been impatiently waiting for. It will be more KitKat (4.4.x) by the looks of things, and it will be targeted for the 23rd of this month.

I guess the question on the minds of a few of 1800 owners in this forum might be.... BETA Lollipop release?

It sounds like it's almost there. Aside from the few obvious bugs that people already found, like the ethernet, would it not be better to get more people working on this to iron out the final few bugs? My understanding with BETA> *warning, not all functions may work yet* so push your beta baby out in to the real world and see how it holds up to us users..... please?

My 2 cents, for what it's worth: I'd have to agree with Justin. There is LIMITED support for the product, it's just too little of an install base. Releasing a Beta to the great unwashed is only asking for trouble. I tried the 1900FW on the 1800 and had little success.

Read some of the various posts here, most are from the technically illiterate. "I got a problem sound don't work", no software level, no model number not even what has been tried. You see that time and time again. Having to respond only slows down the very people who are attempting to work out the product.

This device isn't from Dell, Apple or Microsoft, it's the Chinese building a low cost 'knock off' product, it's a few guys supporting an evolving OS. Yes, the phones will be light years ahead of them, after all they have millions, if not billions of $$ to support them.

My advise, stay with what you have or go the Large Corporate route, they will give you support, for a price.

All that being said a Daily or Weekly update on what to expect would go a long way to keep people off MyGica back. Ever, "nothing to report, sick day" would satisfy most that there is some consideration to the end customer.

Well lets not forget there is a working 5.0 beta.

As per Justin in another thread... "I promise to post all manual files for all current models this week, including a 5.0 working beta file for 1800/582 as I have now found it after digging up my old PC hard drive."

Whether or not he's going to post it remains yet to be seen.

john, you make many good points.... but just as duke pointed out, i'm trying to nicely call justin out on his promise of a beta release. It sucks to make promises and then backtrack, for the person who is breaking the promise and those who the promise has been made to. If there are problems with the release then state them in the release info, but now that it has been promised... follow through and post it. If you're not quite sure in the future about a release, then just please don't make the promise. like john also said, a few weekly updates when nearing a release date would be reassuring.

MyGica boxes are a great concept & brilliant idea. However, company execution is a complete failure.

Whether it’s 6 guys in a garage or full engineering department complete with Dev, QA, etc….

You will never be successful without setting customer expectations & actually delivering on it at least 1 time.

Forcing customers to beg for updates on status & feeding excuses/reasons that are just…..well outright silly is going to wear very thin, very fast. I have 4x 1800s in my house & was excited for the product last year. But now, it’s a big “meh”. Unfortunate that I can’t toss my disposable income on more MyGica products. Again, so much potential for this company that is being thrown away with terrible execution. :?

This back and forth thing is driving me crazy.

I have an older FW on my 582, does the OTA 20150721 will screw up the WiFi?

Just wondering , why would you post a question in the 1800 Section and not go to the section dedicated for the 582 device?? Drives me crazy to look for information related to my 1800E and finding non-related comments.

Ha! It says I'm not authorized. This whole thing is a mess.

Sorry about that, I have a Beta Files section for certain people setup on here.

I posted the thread in this section, forgetting that only certain people can see it.

I have now moved the thread to the correct section that everyone can use

I just loaded the Android 5.0.2 Beta and found once again that ethernet doesn't work. No option to turn it on like in Wifi. Also, all my apps are gone, including KODI.

Did a factory data reset o see if would fix the ethernet issue but it didn't. It did load a fresh copy of Kodi 14.0 on though.

Warning DO NOT UPDATE TO 5.2

Biggest waste of time ever. I know your trying your best Justin.

But why even upload that, its just stock 5.2

No Ethernet connection

No Launcher

It doesnt fit my screen right

Cast Doesnt work

I have a 1900 AC and i thought ok this might be the same software, so i loaded it

Instead its just straight android not even configured, is this what we waited so long for ?

Im starting to loose faith in my-gica.

I hope you post a similar firmware to whats installed in the 1900AC soon, this unit isnt even a year old and i feel miles behind compared to my nexus player which was half the price.

No disrespect Justin i know you just work there.