Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

makpak

Atv 585 firmware.

Hi Justin !

Can we have the original Firmware for ATV585 available for download. And not only for this box, but for all the boxes MyGica.

I second this request. Please provide link to atv585 stock firmware link dated December. At least I can use it to fix the box that came with the 582 firmware from supplier. :oops:

All firmware for all of our models can be found in each models downloads section. I can't post the original firmware for the 582/1800E because were not able to go back to this version due to a UBOOT and Kernel difference.

The ATV 585 I am pushing to have new firmware next week.

If you are looking for the December firmware, just use the Everbest link to get it.

Awesome will test..They should give you a job...

Hello Demac10, Did you have a chance to test the 585 with this firmware? I just bought mine which is experiencing with few issues (black screen while unit is playing >> requires to press the power button to get back; intermittently lost the HDMI-CEC TV remote feature. Thanks

- Current build number: V002M8B01_20141230

- Kernel version: 3.10.33 (20141113.150858)

Awesome will test..They should give you a job...

Hello Demac10, Did you have a chance to test the 585 with this firmware? I just bought mine which is experiencing with few issues (black screen while unit is playing >> requires to press the power button to get back; intermittently lost the HDMI-CEC TV remote feature. Thanks

- Current build number: V002M8B01_20141230

- Kernel version: 3.10.33 (20141113.150858)

I flashed the one 585 with this firmware as it arrived with 582 firmware on it from supplier. This firmware has some Hong Kong specif apps for tv/video. Some apps from US/EU market missing so backup apps from old rom. Havent seen any problems yet. After flashing this rom you may want to install KODI 14.2 RC or final if its released as they made some AMlogic specific fixes for video playback etc.....As this device does not have a special OTG port it can make switching firmwares irritating. With OTG you can easily backup old firmware then flash new firmware and switch back if you not satisfied. Anyway lets hope the latest Geniatech Firmware gets ported for Mygica 585 as it has some very good updates and fixes....

My froze as well, showed about 80% done, then froze for hours. I finally unplugged the power, then rebooted. All was fine, seems that the move to the reboot was not well programmed.

downloaded the link, installed it, but its Chinese language . any other source that is in English please

You can select English. I installed this firmware and works fine. I have 3 boxes and one of them came with no firmware, so I had to install this one and looks to me that works better then the box with the original firmware. You should be able to choose English language, i got scare to in the begining.

I have tried this firmware as well

Was able to select English

Easy way is reset the box into recovery mode and do a factory reset. Startup menu will let you choose English again.

I upgraded the box with the latest firmware from everesthk, but the issues still exist on my box. Intermittently the screen turns black while playing. I have to press the power button to get back. The other issue is to do with the HDMI-CEC TV remote feature. Intermittently lost control of the remote via HDMI-CEC connection.

Justin, Do you know if there any plan to update the 585 soon?

Thanks

i did select English , but there is no mygica launcher in English, reverts back to Chinese . only nexus launcher in English and no add on software. did install the kodi but the same issues, freeze when I add a repo. it sometimes makes a tick tick noise, like feedback on my system.

i did select English , but there is no mygica launcher in English, reverts back to Chinese . only nexus launcher in English and no add on software. did install the kodi but the same issues, freeze when I add a repo. it sometimes makes a tick tick noise, like feedback on my system.

Reset the box into recovery mode and do a factory reset. Startup menu will let you choose English again

Despite the problems that we encounter with this new BOX ATV585 from MyGica, I would like to thanks Justin for his help.When I contact him at Customer Care Phone. I don`t know if Justin from the forum was the same one on the phone, but I received the package in one day with the missing item. Thank You !

Despite the problems that we encounter with this new BOX ATV585 from MyGica, I would like to thanks Justin for his help.When I contact him at Customer Care Phone. I don`t know if Justin from the forum was the same one on the phone, but I received the package in one day with the missing item. Thank You !

Thanks for the comments

And yes I answer phones here to, so was probably me you spoke with.

Justin, I'm sure it must be frustrating waiting for your engineers to drop the update for distribution. Imagine how frustrating it is as a user to be told repeatedly of an expected delivery date of an update. An update that is sorely needed to provide functionality that should already be there, and then not to see the update.

You stated that you expected to post an update at the end of last week, the latest you've indicated is at the end of the month. I certainly hope that you can make that date, I'm just about to return my 585 and won't wait much longer.

Al

Tried to apply the Dec/2014 firmware. Hung once, then appeared to have succeeded the second time. When rebooting however the device hangs on the initial flash screen with only the Green and Orange (network) lights lit. There appears to be no operating system loaded, no remote nor keyboard appears to work. Is there a magic way I can get into Recovery mode in order to do a wipe to original factory defaults?

Thanks, Al

Is this method valid for resetting the ATV585?

If so, why can we not find this on your support site or in your forums. This kind of help would reduce the frustration of users and help us avoid bricking our boxes.

Al

Is this method valid for resetting the ATV585?

If so, why can we not find this on your support site or in your forums. This kind of help would reduce the frustration of users and help us avoid bricking our boxes.

Al

Yes this method is good to hard reset the 585