Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

viking73

How to pause Netflix with IR remote

Best is to get an airmouse keyboard combo flymouse on 2.4 Ghz Wi-Fi.

Careful, it's not WiFi, it uses dongle receiver.

@Justin

This is just another example why the built in IR receiver needs to accept more commands, or it will never be main stream since W8.1 boxes like PiPo x7 now sell for the same price OS included.

For Quad Cores starting in April or May we are switching to this remote, will be a more simple media player remote and also run on 2,4ghz usb dongle

We cannot find a good working IR Remote to replace the current KR60, and since the current remote control seems to be one of the biggest complaints. We made the decision to find a newer remote to start offering, and also one that used 2,4ghz USB so it will work much better.

@lifeisfun - waiting for all the new remote code mappings, so I can submit to Harmony. We designed a new IR Remote, called the KR20 with PLAY/PAUSE/STOP etc buttons on it, plus a lot of other buttons, it uses about 45 IR Buttons, which you will be able use for your Harmony remote.

Will post once the submission is received and in Harmonys remote database.

5817fcb7bd938_KR40-.jpg.cdb150c7895e06461d615d2e1cd3d679.jpg

For Quad Cores starting in April or May .....

@lifeisfun - waiting for all the new remote code mappings, so I can submit to Harmony. We designed a new IR Remote, called the KR20 with PLAY/PAUSE/STOP etc buttons on it, plus a lot of other buttons, it uses about 45 IR Buttons, which you will be able use for your Harmony remote.

Oh my god this is great Justin !

I'm new to this box as of a couple of days ago. I just ran into this Netflix pausing problem last night and found a strange workaround. If you hit the mute button on the remote while watching Netflix it mutes as expected but it also brings up the on-screen controls and then hitting the pause button on the remote works properly. I'm not too happy with the Netflix experience on this box so far. It is way better on my cheap Samsung blu-ray player and although painfully slow it even works better on my old WDLive.

Has the submission been received yet? Any update on when Harmony will have it in its database?

Thank You

For Quad Cores starting in April or May we are switching to this remote, will be a more simple media player remote and also run on 2,4ghz usb dongle

We cannot find a good working IR Remote to replace the current KR60, and since the current remote control seems to be one of the biggest complaints. We made the decision to find a newer remote to start offering, and also one that used 2,4ghz USB so it will work much better.