Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dewman65

firmware updates

Why is it names 2014 11 05. isn't that the older one from November?

That is the latest version available for the 582

I just recently purchased a 520E. It had 4.2.2 and frodo installed. By reading your forum notes, I came to the conclusion that I required an update. My mistake was to deduce (as it is not clearly spelled out) that 4.2.2 was an early version of 4.2. I happened into the Canada Computer store to buy an sd card, when luckily the salesman mentioned something that caused me to inquire further. A lot of this bricking is apparently occurring due to "recover" procedures being used to update. In my case, I simply needed to launch the browser from mygica and navigate to the kodi site provided in one of Justins posts. Select "ARM", as this is the processor used in the 520E, and download 14.1. When I click on the download, I am asked if I want to install it. "Yes", and shortly after, it is loaded, and begins to populate all of my settings and addons. You no longer use the XBMC folder, but rather the newly populated KODI folder.

I add this simple bit of info as it took me two weeks of fretting and googling... and finally asking a salesman... to update without crashing. Hope this helps the next fellow.

Here is my question. I was told that I can now delete the XBMC folder. Is it simply an uninstall? Or is this folder tied into the firmware in some way. Could you clearly outline the procedure to delete it if this is the case?

Thanks much

I just recently purchased a 520E. It had 4.2.2 and frodo installed. By reading your forum notes, I came to the conclusion that I required an update. My mistake was to deduce (as it is not clearly spelled out) that 4.2.2 was an early version of 4.2. I happened into the Canada Computer store to buy an sd card, when luckily the salesman mentioned something that caused me to inquire further. A lot of this bricking is apparently occurring due to "recover" procedures being used to update. In my case, I simply needed to launch the browser from mygica and navigate to the kodi site provided in one of Justins posts. Select "ARM", as this is the processor used in the 520E, and download 14.1. When I click on the download, I am asked if I want to install it. "Yes", and shortly after, it is loaded, and begins to populate all of my settings and addons. You no longer use the XBMC folder, but rather the newly populated KODI folder.

I add this simple bit of info as it took me two weeks of fretting and googling... and finally asking a salesman... to update without crashing. Hope this helps the next fellow.

Here is my question. I was told that I can now delete the XBMC folder. Is it simply an uninstall? Or is this folder tied into the firmware in some way. Could you clearly outline the procedure to delete it if this is the case?

Thanks much

Hi

If you are already running 4.2, then you can upgrade to this file if your like to get KODI 14.1, plus the proper Launcher changes

viewtopic.php?f=93&t=2521&p=8920#p8920

To delete XBMC, just go into settings, and then apps. Look for XBMC, click OK on the remote to open it. Once you open it, there will be an option to uninstall it.

Hope this helps

let us know

Thanks

Justin:

I have been running kodi 14.1 on android 4.2.2 for a week now.

I still have 1 question on whether the xbmc icon in the launcher can be removed...and possibly one for kodi entered?

I also have a small problem that started yesterday. I cannot power of mygica 520e (red light does not go out) it seems to stay in stby mode, unless I exit kodi first. Then it turns off? Any workarounds?

thx

Justin:

I have been running kodi 14.1 on android 4.2.2 for a week now.

I still have 1 question on whether the xbmc icon in the launcher can be removed...and possibly one for kodi entered?

I also have a small problem that started yesterday. I cannot power of mygica 520e (red light does not go out) it seems to stay in stby mode, unless I exit kodi first. Then it turns off? Any workarounds?

thx

The firmware I posted for download for the 400, 520E and 1200 have all had the MyGica launcher XBMC Icon changed to KODI

This is a custom launcher, which was designed to not have the icons changed manually, it can only be modified by our engineers who designed the launcher.

We suggest when putting the box into standby to have it on the Home screen when doing so.