Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Justin

**NEW** ATV 582/380 GMS BETA FIRMWARE 02/25 FEEDBACK THREAD

Justin I installed the firmware yesterday,when it got 80% the green man stopped.I waited over an hour and no change,so I took a chance and unplugged power at the box and plugged back in.The box started up and the upgrade was successful the second time.Everything is running perfectly and thankyou for all your hard work.

Thanks Stargeaser

Just to update the previous post,I loaded the Image from a SD card Fat32,nothing else on the card.

Thanks again.

So it worked for you now?

Justin thanks for this (finally!). I've only been testing on my 1800E (2014 edition) a couple of days off and on but so far a much improved release over the old firmware.

Biggest improvement - slow wired ethernet seems to have been solved. Now getting a solid 25-30 Mb/s instead of the 4 Mb/s or less I was with the old one. Still not full speed on my 50 Mb/s down connection but then again my ISP's broadband box is up and down within that max speed all the time so this is consistent with a minimum performance expectation.

The upgrade itself was a little glitchy - booted into recovery mode with the button, mounted the SD card and installed. It froze for better part of an hour at around 80%. Had to finally pull power. It re-booted into recovery, I tried the file again and this time it only slightly hesitated at 80% before jumping to 100%. After that everything went well.

I'll continue testing this over the weekend and see how it plays out. Kodi seems to be smoother and I like the fact they pre-installed Chrome now instead of that half-assed browser that was in there before. Haven't had a chance to test DTS output yet through Kodi or the internal media player but will update as I do this.

Gord

Quick update - DTS still a problem in Kodi. No output through passthrough. Works in MX Player so for the time being thats fine with me. Also works through the Movie 4K player but I can't stand that stupid DTS logo in the upper right all the time and lack of audio selection control so I don't use that one ;)

Gord

I installed this beta firmware on the weekend. Here is my experience with it.

As above I experienced the same freeze up at about 80% and had to reboot into recovery and try again. This time I did a full factory reset prior to upgrading. After this the firmware upgrade went without a hitch.

Software booted up and added all new apps and features including Kodi 14.0. After configuring my Ethernet, wireless and Google information I immediately went into Kodi, installed "Backup" and restored my Gotham data into Kodi. This is where it started going south.

When I restored I did the usual restore "everything" and rebooted Kodi. It looked just like my old Gotham setup complete with custom backgrounds LAN paths, movies. Vertical menus, etc.

Everything looked good until I attempted to play any kind of video media or music. There was NO sound and the video source was jittering all over the screen.

I couldn't fix this for the life of me so I ended up going back into recovery and doing a data wipe again.

Upon reboot the firmware promptly reinstalled everything back to factory for me. This time I went into Kodi and created a path to video and played it. Worked perfectly.

Then i went back to "Backup" and reconfigured it to restore everything EXCEPT configuration files. Rebooted it and this time it had all my plugins but it still looked like stock Kodi. Everything played as it should so I manually restored Kodi back to the custom set-up that I use and it works excellently.

I think that the cross over from XBMC to KODI was a big upgrade and allot of changes were made that forced me into making new configurations. Now that this is out of the way it should be clear sailing for any new Kodi upgrades in the future (like the 14.1 upgrade coming soon).

I hope this helps some people do the upgrade. Believe me it is worth it to get to the new firmware and the new Kodi is streamlined and fast.

Happy flashing... :mrgreen:

Thanks for the feedback guys

This all helps.

I got a new file this morning, with KODI 14.1 and few other changes.

Will keep you posted as to our results

Just installed Feb beta on my 1800e 2015, 1st attempt was unsuccessful only got to 80% as others have experienced. Success on second try, all seems to be working except WiFi.

I can use ethernet to connect, but WiFi won't turn on. I also tried going straight into main android settings and turn on from there but WiFi still won't turn on. If anyone has any advice please advise!

I noticed that some of the applications are not full screen, some of the other Android manufacturers have already perfected this, would be great if Mygica can follow suit. thanks.

I noticed that some of the applications are not full screen, some of the other Android manufacturers have already perfected this, would be great if Mygica can follow suit. thanks.

New firmware I got yesterday fixes this, as we have moved to the new AMLogic SDK which addresses this issue.

Just the new firmware needs some stuff fixed on it, as me and my beta test team found some issues with it. Already passed along the info to our engineers, hope to have it fixed soon.

Thanks Justin, can you find out the AML SDK revision for us? I know @hackadroid would also like to know.

The version # of the SDK you want?

I installed on my 2015 edition and had no issues installing it, mind you I did a complete factory wipe & re-installed 11/05 f/w prior to this as I had to follow ProTV 's instructions to get my wifi back working as this beta firmware did not get my wifi working again, so I did a factory reset and installed the patch files to get wifi working then installed 11/05, then after that I upgraded to this beta release and so far everything has been working.

What Is with those 2015 models and WiFi failures?

I have 2 units here with this issue.

Trying to see if new firmware resolves it. If not, will bring it up to engineers.

I found that Kodi for some reason gives me an error for playing some MP4's off my hard drive. It say's "Can't find next item to play". So I went back to the November firmware.

I installed the beta firmware on my 1800E 2015 edition, after several attempts with the update freezing at the ~80% mark as others have mentioned. After about the 4th or 5th try, and trying the reset button, it finally succeeded.

I'd been using the box for about a week with a 5G WiFi connection, with absolutely no playback interruptions across NetFlix / Kodi, including H.264/AVC 1080i content with 5.1 channel audio (MythTV). IPTV streams were quick to load.

Now everything is choppy... IPTV streams pausing every 30s-1M to buffer. NetFlix quality downgraded to poor with freezes. Buffering on the local MythTV content.

I installed the update with the hope of getting Google Play Movies and Shomi to work. Google Play movies will start, but playback pauses with spinner frequently. Shomi will start to buffer video, but will suddenly abort and go back to the catalogue when it should start.

So, all-in-all, the box has become unusable due to WiFi performance. Will need to downgrade the firmware before my wife can watch Coronation Street tonight! Now I wish I'd checked what firmware was on it... presuming it was the one from November?

I installed the beta firmware on my 1800E 2015 edition, after several attempts with the update freezing at the ~80% mark as others have mentioned. After about the 4th or 5th try, and trying the reset button, it finally succeeded.

I'd been using the box for about a week with a 5G WiFi connection, with absolutely no playback interruptions across NetFlix / Kodi, including H.264/AVC 1080i content with 5.1 channel audio (MythTV). IPTV streams were quick to load.

Now everything is choppy... IPTV streams pausing every 30s-1M to buffer. NetFlix quality downgraded to poor with freezes. Buffering on the local MythTV content.

I installed the update with the hope of getting Google Play Movies and Shomi to work. Google Play movies will start, but playback pauses with spinner frequently. Shomi will start to buffer video, but will suddenly abort and go back to the catalogue when it should start.

So, all-in-all, the box has become unusable due to WiFi performance. Will need to downgrade the firmware before my wife can watch Coronation Street tonight! Now I wish I'd checked what firmware was on it... presuming it was the one from November?

Thanks for the comments

And the previous firmware to go back to is the November one

I'm glad we have a beta to play with @Justin.

Why don't you post the new beta when you deem fit?

Since what you were working on is old news already :-)