Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gtaguy

MyGica Freezing and Rebooting issues.

Hello.. Im new here to the boards and this device but not new to the google tv/android tv systems.. I purchased this box over the weekend and to say the least im not impressed.. Here are my issues in the hope they can be resolved because they are quite a nuisance.

I installed dolphin browser and dolphin jetpack. also installed hacked version of flash player. whenever i try to open up dolphin browser the mygica box becomes unresponsive to the point where the mouse starts to lag, delays in the typing and the keyboard clicks are no longer audible or system totally freezes. The box will eventually do a reboot..

If i open dolphin up with the jetpack addon the system seems to be more responsive and will not throw a reboot . or atleast not right away..

Also i get alot of google play store has stopped responding, the launcher will also become unresponsive with only the wait or kill options or a reboot occurs. netflix has stopped responding, showbox has stopped responding, xbmc stopped responding . you can tell the system to wait and the programs will continue but eventually the box will become unresponsive and freeze again and reboot.

only hardware i have added to the system is a logitech k700 keyboard from my old logitech revue which i'm replacing and that's why i bought this mygica box. I paired the keyboard up with a logitech unifying reciever and i disabled the virtual keyboard as per mygica forums instructions.

Has anyone experienced these issues and if so what can you do apart from wiping the cache of the offending apps. or force stopping them.

I tried to install the new beta rom but that failed to install aswell. leaving me with bootloader issues. (sorry i know not related to this post) but i just wanted to be as thorough as i could.

Anyone have the same issue or have a workaround.. Thank you to all.

Hello.. Im new here to the boards and this device but not new to the google tv/android tv systems.. I purchased this box over the weekend and to say the least im not impressed.. Here are my issues in the hope they can be resolved because they are quite a nuisance.

I installed dolphin browser and dolphin jetpack. also installed hacked version of flash player. whenever i try to open up dolphin browser the mygica box becomes unresponsive to the point where the mouse starts to lag, delays in the typing and the keyboard clicks are no longer audible or system totally freezes. The box will eventually do a reboot..

If i open dolphin up with the jetpack addon the system seems to be more responsive and will not throw a reboot . or atleast not right away..

Also i get alot of google play store has stopped responding, the launcher will also become unresponsive with only the wait or kill options or a reboot occurs. netflix has stopped responding, showbox has stopped responding, xbmc stopped responding . you can tell the system to wait and the programs will continue but eventually the box will become unresponsive and freeze again and reboot.

only hardware i have added to the system is a logitech k700 keyboard from my old logitech revue which i'm replacing and that's why i bought this mygica box. I paired the keyboard up with a logitech unifying reciever and i disabled the virtual keyboard as per mygica forums instructions.

Has anyone experienced these issues and if so what can you do apart from wiping the cache of the offending apps. or force stopping them.

I tried to install the new beta rom but that failed to install aswell. leaving me with bootloader issues. (sorry i know not related to this post) but i just wanted to be as thorough as i could.

Anyone have the same issue or have a workaround.. Thank you to all.

If your getting stop responding messages on a lot of apps while using them. I would suggest to factory reset and start over, as it sounds like your Android OS is corrupted, a simple factory reset will re install everything, and you should be back to normal

Let me know if this works

Thanks

Hi Justin .. Thanks for the tip however this is the fourth time that i have factory reset this box in the first two days i started testing it. A big thanks to titanium backup becuase i was getting tired of reinstalling everything over and over and over. my suspicion lies on the o.s stability because this os appears to be a forked version of android to run on this device. it could just be that the developer has to test stability and improve these issues. or maybe the apps aren't optimized for this forked os.. Im not a programmer but i have seen enough android devices to know if something is going to work well or not. I have a CX919II android stick that works flawlessly without the issues the mygica box is having . It was a good shot i took but i will stick with what works and this box just doesn't cut it for me with the frustrations experienced.

Hi Justin .. Thanks for the tip however this is the fourth time that i have factory reset this box in the first two days i started testing it. A big thanks to titanium backup becuase i was getting tired of reinstalling everything over and over and over. my suspicion lies on the o.s stability because this os appears to be a forked version of android to run on this device. it could just be that the developer has to test stability and improve these issues. or maybe the apps aren't optimized for this forked os.. Im not a programmer but i have seen enough android devices to know if something is going to work well or not. I have a CX919II android stick that works flawlessly without the issues the mygica box is having . It was a good shot i took but i will stick with what works and this box just doesn't cut it for me with the frustrations experienced.

It might just be your unit being defective, and not the OS.

If everyone had the same issues that you have with freezing and rebooting, then our forums would be filled with complaints about this. I personally use a 582 at home myself, and do not experience any of these stability issues you are referring to.

I would suggest getting the unit replaced by your seller, if they wont do it. Then email me at support@mygica.ca and I will take care of the warranty for you

We have had a few units come back with rebooting issues, and tested it. We reflashed the firmware and still had the same issues, we ended up replacing the 2 units.