Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mattdon

Feb Update for 1800

I've attempted downloading the new beta firmware several times now. Download always completes. Tried many times to mount the .img file (using Mac OS X 10.9.5) but always get an error message saying "image not recognized."

I've attempted downloading the new beta firmware several times now. Download always completes. Tried many times to mount the .img file (using Mac OS X 10.9.5) but always get an error message saying "image not recognized."

[attachment=0]Screen Shot 2015-03-07 at 8.09.03 AM.png[/attachment]

Anybody have this happen? Can't figure it out....

Have you tried a different web browser? Or have a PC to try downloading it onto?

Tried with Safari and Google Chrome... Also have Windows 7 partition on my Mac. Tried downloading thru that, still get same error. I will be trying it on a PC tomorrow... hopefully it works!

You need to load to the image on the Android the the boot menu.

Trying to open it on your iMac/Windows computer won't do anything because it's an IMG file made for the Android OS. Read those instructions again for sure.

Funny, I've been running it since it's release and it's been great. Gotta love Kodi and especially Plex. I'd suggest that you reread the installation instructions and give it another try. It's been great here.

Figured it out... stupid mistake on my behalf. I thought I had to open the IMG file on computer and copy all files to SD card. I did as GroundControl said, just copied IMG file to SD card, update worked perfectly!