Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

magiri

Miracast - how do I get it to work?

Hi:

I am slowly working myself through all this great box can do!

Struggling though to get Miracast to work between my Blackberry Passport phone and the MyGica 1800e.

I have the "Airplay" app loaded but when I let my phone search for Miracast connections nothing happens (it just keeps searching).

What am I doing wrong? Is there anything else I need to install?

Thanks for any help you may provide.

Martin

Hi:

I am slowly working myself through all this great box can do!

Struggling though to get Miracast to work between my Blackberry Passport phone and the MyGica 1800e.

I have the "Airplay" app loaded but when I let my phone search for Miracast connections nothing happens (it just keeps searching).

What am I doing wrong? Is there anything else I need to install?

Thanks for any help you may provide.

Martin

You must use the Miracast app on your 1800, not the Airplay app

I have a Blackberry Classic and I have tested Miracasting on a 1800, it works.

I'm having the same issue. I cannot get miracast to work. When I go to Settings-->Display-->Advanced-- I see a Miracast option, but I cannot turn it on. There is no on and off button, and when I click it it exits the advanced/display settings menu. Please help.

This is my 2nd 1800e box. The first one didn't have bluetooth, so I returned it. But the first box I was able to use miracast. My new box has bluetooth, but the miracast option won't work.

Again - and repeating my question:

I cannot get Miracast to work and I cannot follow Justin's advice. There is no preloaded Miracast app on my 1800e.

Does somebody out here know where I can find, download and install that app?

If not, I will have to return the device. It was one important reason why I bought it in the first place.

Thanks!

Again - and repeating my question:

I cannot get Miracast to work and I cannot follow Justin's advice. There is no preloaded Miracast app on my 1800e.

Does somebody out here know where I can find, download and install that app?

If not, I will have to return the device. It was one important reason why I bought it in the first place.

Thanks!

We removed Miracast from some of our firmware versions, so this might be the reason why you cannot use it.

We will be adding back Miracast support on our next firmware update, the app will pre install.

Thanks again, Justin!

Any idea when that update will come?

Hopefully this month. Got an updated version again on Friday, but needs some work again.