Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NINJAIII

Issues with New 4.2 Feb 17 Firmware ATV520E

So I decided to Flash the new 4.2 Feb 17 Firmware with the Mygica Kodi 14.1. I already had the Box at 4.2.2 and Running Gotham and it

was working well and Stable. I guess I just like to go to the latest and figured good time to go to Kodi.

Everything went well and it was all setup as previous same add ons etc. The issue I am having which is getting annoying is I can be watching

a Movie from any Add on and it will play fine without issue and around 1 Hour in but the time varies the Movie will just go Black and kick me out into

the Screen where I originally started. If I then go back to home screen the Background is no longer the Default Blue but Black. at first I thought OK no problem maybe a fluke but I have now watched 6 Movies and same each time. I then restart and finish Movie. The previous Gotham and Firmware never had this issue. The Ethernet is Hard Wired and there are NO Internet issues. Previous Gotham was running fine for 6 months.

Note: I have always used the 0 cache XML file and still use it. I like to pause the Movie and let it Que up and that works fine.

Question: Are others seeing this same issue on their Boxes ? Last night I decided to remove the Kodi MyGica version and I loaded the Kodi 14.2 RC1 and set it all up and played a few things. Tonight I will try a 2 Hour Movie. I just don't know if its a Kodi or Firmware issue ?

Any feedback would be great.

Thanks

So I decided to Flash the new 4.2 Feb 17 Firmware with the Mygica Kodi 14.1. I already had the Box at 4.2.2 and Running Gotham and it

was working well and Stable. I guess I just like to go to the latest and figured good time to go to Kodi.

Everything went well and it was all setup as previous same add ons etc. The issue I am having which is getting annoying is I can be watching

a Movie from any Add on and it will play fine without issue and around 1 Hour in but the time varies the Movie will just go Black and kick me out into

the Screen where I originally started. If I then go back to home screen the Background is no longer the Default Blue but Black. at first I thought OK no problem maybe a fluke but I have now watched 6 Movies and same each time. I then restart and finish Movie. The previous Gotham and Firmware never had this issue. The Ethernet is Hard Wired and there are NO Internet issues. Previous Gotham was running fine for 6 months.

Note: I have always used the 0 cache XML file and still use it. I like to pause the Movie and let it Que up and that works fine.

Question: Are others seeing this same issue on their Boxes ? Last night I decided to remove the Kodi MyGica version and I loaded the Kodi 14.2 RC1 and set it all up and played a few things. Tonight I will try a 2 Hour Movie. I just don't know if its a Kodi or Firmware issue ?

Any feedback would be great.

Thanks

This issue hasn't been reported before

But let us know if it continues on the new KODI version your trying.

If anyone else has had this issue, please share it

Thanks Justin. I am going to try a full Movie in a few minutes and will let you know.

Ok let me know

Thanks

I just installed this last night and had similar things happen. after @ 30 minutes I got kicked back to the launcher screen. then tried going back into kodi - took a long time and when it finally loaded the background was black. I had to remove power from box and let it reboot. when i started kodi it started as if it was the first time. tried again and it went over an hour before booting me back to the launcher screen.

I had similar issues on an older build that I had upgraded to 14.1 and 14.2. I loaded this update hoping it would solve it.

Never happens when streaming from a NAS - only from the net. Never happens on youtube either - I have watch 3 hr races on youtube and never a problem.

Seems worse using a p2p stream - not sure if its a setting or not? almost acts like box runs out of memory?

That is the same issue I had. Are you using 0 cache AdvancedXML ? I went to the newer Kodi 14.2 RC1 if I recall and tweaked the AdvancedXMl file to a custom one that uses a Max of about 250 Megs of RAM I have had 0 issues since. So it was either the XML or Mygica Branded Kodi 14.1.

AirPlay is crap. It interrupts other streaming applications. I had to uninstall it.

PicturePlayer is dysfunctional as well.

Hope you don't include above two with the next firmware release.