Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JimTJ

ATV1800e Remote

I have the ATV 1800e with what I think is a KR-60 remote, except it has no letters on the numeric pad. Although it could be argued that this remote does work, it is very cumbersome to use and i'm looking for a replacement.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a BETTER remote ?

JimTJ

I have the ATV 1800e with what I think is a KR-60 remote, except it has no letters on the numeric pad. Although it could be argued that this remote does work, it is very cumbersome to use and i'm looking for a replacement.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a BETTER remote ?

JimTJ

Are you looking for a replacement Bluetooth or USB 2.4GHZ Remote?

Hello Justin

I'm looking for anything that works better then my current KR-60. I have tried the Rii Mini i8 without success.

I've tried a Bluetooth mouse and that worked but of course it only gave me the "Mouse" features.

So my "wish list" would be something with the functionality of a mouse plus a QWERTY keyboard, if that's available.

JimTJ

Thanks MG

Funnily enough I was looking at this unit just last week but having already put out cash for a Rii Mini i8 keyboard (2.4GHz) only to find out that it didn't work with the 1800e I was loath to put out more money on an "Unknown".

Thanks for the heads up though, I'll see if I can find it locally and get their OK to return if it doesn't work.

JimTJ

Thanks MG

Funnily enough I was looking at this unit just last week but having already put out cash for a Rii Mini i8 keyboard (2.4GHz) only to find out that it didn't work with the 1800e I was loath to put out more money on an "Unknown".

Thanks for the heads up though, I'll see if I can find it locally and get their OK to return if it doesn't work.

JimTJ

Canada Computers offers a 15 day return policy, and they sell the Logitech K400 Keyboard.

Hi freakrant

Your quite right he did and no disrespect to MG but I was told that the Rii Mini i8 worked. I just want to be sure that my next remote is the only one I need buy.

JimTJ

Hi Justin

Thanks for the heads up re Canada Computers. I'm curious to know why you didn't steer me towards a MyGica remote, such as the MyGica KR-301 Wireless Air Mouse ?

I checked out this "Unboxing" video on YouTube and it seems like a good product ,,

Comments ?

JimTJ

Thanks for that Youtube Video. I ordered that Remote a few days ago without any idea of how well it really works and it does look pretty responsive in the video. Way better than what we get with the factory remote that we get with the 1800e

NP Saulin, YW.

I finally made a choice on remotes.

I had seen an add for a MyGica KR-301 Air Mouse, plus MG on this forum had recommended a Logitech K400. Thank you MG.

I went to check out both at Canada Computers (As suggested by Justin) here in Brampton only to find that they didn't have the MyGica remote after all.

They did however have the Logitech keyboard for $49.99 and right along side it was a Logitech K830, very much the same as the K400 only it was illuminated and the sale price was only another $25 so I opted for the K830 and got an assurance of a 14 day return with packaging and receipt.

So far its working out really well, the only down fall are the lack of dedicated keys for home, return, XBMC and Netflix, something I guess I'll learn to live without.

The sales rep at Canada Computers did say that they (Canada Computers) have an order in for 500 of the MyGica K301 only 20 of which are slated for this particular store, so if anyone is interested in the Air Mouse I suggest contacting your local Canada Computers ASAP.

I have 14 days to make up my mind.

So far i'm liking the illuminated keyboard, great for evening viewing.

Also the touch pad is very responsive. The only Negative is that the left and right mouse buttons are not illuminated.

JimTJ

NP Saulin, YW.

I finally made a choice on remotes.

I had seen an add for a MyGica KR-301 Air Mouse, plus MG on this forum had recommended a Logitech K400. Thank you MG.

I went to check out both at Canada Computers (As suggested by Justin) here in Brampton only to find that they didn't have the MyGica remote after all.

They did however have the Logitech keyboard for $49.99 and right along side it was a Logitech K830, very much the same as the K400 only it was illuminated and the sale price was only another $25 so I opted for the K830 and got an assurance of a 14 day return with packaging and receipt.

So far its working out really well, the only down fall are the lack of dedicated keys for home, return, XBMC and Netflix, something I guess I'll learn to live without.

The sales rep at Canada Computers did say that they (Canada Computers) have an order in for 500 of the MyGica K301 only 20 of which are slated for this particular store, so if anyone is interested in the Air Mouse I suggest contacting your local Canada Computers ASAP.

I have 14 days to make up my mind.

So far i'm liking the illuminated keyboard, great for evening viewing.

Also the touch pad is very responsive. The only Negative is that the left and right mouse buttons are not illuminated.

JimTJ

Thanks for sharing your input on remotes.

Glad you are happy with your choice of Keyboard