Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bulldog00

how do i change settings to get US ip address???

i am wondering if it is possible to change the settings within mygica380 to make it think i am in the US. on my xbox, i am able to change the settings to get the american netflix so i am wondering if this is also possible on the 380. i am located in canada.

thanks

no replies to first question, what about this.........

is it possible to apply a vpn directly to the mygica? i am hoping to avoid a vpn because they tend to slow down the connection.

thanks

The app Private Internet access works as well

Its about $2.50 a month

Just activates within the app

Same with Hola VPN

+1 for PIA (Private Internet Access) VPN - Subscription allows multiple ways to establish the VPN including a Android Native client.

But what I found to be the most effective way to bypass geolocation filters is to set the VPN on a wifi router THEN hook all the WiFi device to it seamlessly. So you no longer have to figure how to VPN on every single devices. eg I have no VPN app on my dumb/smart TV but it can do WiFi internet... So when I link it to the VPNed WiFi - It then appear to be anywhere in the world according to the VPN server selected on the Router.

That was going to be one of my questions (since you're apparently running PIA)

1. Speed. Any major drops?

2. You're still allowed 5 devices per account, right?

3. Apparently the site takes everything from PayPal (um, let's go with no) to Starbucks cards.

4. What's the easiest way for a Canadian to pay for a cheap month account to try it? The site says to "try your gift card number" to see if it works but I'd like to just "know" that my Home Depot Canuck gift card will work so I can go out and grab one.