Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GhostFire

XBMC Search error notification won't vanish

Just as the title says.

All of a sudden I have a search error notification in the bottom right corner which won't "fade out" like other notifications do after the first prompt.

It pops up as soon as I launch XBMC and stays on screen. Pretty annoying when trying to watch something and its stuck on screen. It only just happened today and I have been running the newest update since last week without any issues. I tried to clearing the cache via the recovery app hoping it might fix it but its still there. Tried exiting and shutting down xbmc and repowering the unit but it still pops up as soon as xbmc opens.

Any help or ideas on how to fix this?

thanks

I don't think so....

I'm talking about the same prompt window that will pop up telling you if your "cache is full" or "the a steam is unavailable."

There is also a error prompt like I mentioned regarding "search failure".

Location is in the bottom right corner of Xbmc.

In the past if it occured it was just that........a prompt. It would then proceed to fade out like the other instances. For whatever reason now, it displays as soon as I start up xbmc and stays on screen in the bottom right corner even during playback and menu navigation.

Sounds like this is the twitter feed error - you just need to disable this (Settings, add ons, all add ons, services).

I just did this last night, so I know what you are talking about. TV Add Ons config adds it in by default when you run that.

Navigating the add-ons like you suggested I can't find the services tab.

I only see it in the first settings menu in Xbmc, but can't find anything about a twitter feed. The problem for whatever reason has cleared it self after being powered on and off half a dozen times or so. This has never happened before which was odd but maybe it was just a hang of some type. It stayed on screen the entire time though as we navigated screens and watched media.

One other thing I have noticed though since the new update is that my Sony 5.1 audio/video receiver is having trouble now detecting the box quite a bit. Many times when i power on the 582 there will be no video or audio displayed on the T.V.

Sometimes though the front screen on my receiver will flicker showing a connection is happening but the image either doesn't appear or it does but looks like its distorted and almost in a old school 8bit style. By powering the receiver off and then back on again until it cycles seems to fix it but not every time. This does not happen with any other media I have connected to the receiver.

This would sorta happen before the update but I could usually just tap the red power button on the 582 remote and the image would appear with the option to go into standby or reboot the 582. The 582 is connected via HDMI directly to the receiver.

Just thought I would let you know Justin. I don't feel a need to start another thread about it.

Overall the latest update seems to be the first to really improve the performance of the box and xbmc itself for me, so keep em coming.

Ok the "search error no results" prompt box is back in the lower right corner again. Not sure why it's back. After rebooting the box by unplugging the power cable the box prompt appeared as soon as Xbmc loaded up.

Just to add some more info on the set up. My 582 is completely vanilla running only the Xbmc Fusion wizard addon config with no other apps or Add-ons installed. The box is WiFi and I don't use it for anything but Xbmc at the moment. No other programs or apps from the app store. Installed the latest firmware last week via mini SD card. This specific problem only started today.