Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wuzizname

Problems with Kodi after updating to newest firmware

Hello everyone!

I recently applied the newest firmware update to my 520E box. While the firmware update went flawlessly, it seems to have done something to either my networking or to my Kodi. Here's what's going on:

- Upgraded from 4.2 to newest (4.22? the one that has Kodi for mygica 14.1)

- After the update, Kodi cannot seem to find my network shares anymore. I search both for NFS and SMB network locations which I've always used and Kodi cannot find them, shows up blank. So I couldn't do a backup restore via network

- I uninstalled Kodi for Mygica and installed the newest Kodi 14.2 which I had been running before the firmware update

- I realized the problem still exists - Kodi just doesn't detect the network shares which I'd always been using

- Validated my network settings on the box (I use ethernet via powerline network connection, static IP so sonarr can communicate with the box, same as always)

- Validated I can connect to my network shares via ES File Explorer, they show up fine in ES but not in Kodi

- I imported my latest Backup file via ES File Explorer to my SD card in the mygica box and performed a Kodi backup restore via the local sd card

- Now, my libraries have been restored but I no longer have any thumbnails for my movies or shows, and many of the addon icons are just gone or don't show (1Channel, NaviX, GO movies, all show as jigsaw puzzle pieces now)

- I've done many forced library updates, and "clean library" from the system menu to no avail

- The shows .NFOs display with episode details, but there are just no way to get the thumbnails

- I considered nuking the libraries completely and starting fresh, but I don't want to do this because Kodi still just does not detect my network shares on my PC - never had this issue before updating to the newest firmware

I've obviously tried rebooting the mygica box, my PC, and my router just to eliminate the easy stuff. As I said, ES File Explorer on the mygica box detects my network media shares no problem, just Kodi doesn't seem to find them when I try to browse for them and I'm curious as to why and perhaps this is why I'm not getting my thumbnails? I'd been running Kodi 14.2 before the firmware update via the Favourites folder in the pre-Kodi release of the mygica launcher.

Any ideas?! I'm at a loss and while I can still watch my stuff not having the thumbnails and proper icons is driving me nuts!

System specs: Mygica 520E, ethernet via powerline, TP-Link N600 router, windows 7 machine holding networked media shares (Movies, TV Shows, Music folders which are shared with "everyone" on the network, read/write)

Meh... so I deleted all Kodi app data via the settings in android and used the Kodi fresh start utility and it seemed to fix the problem. Went in and just started again from scratch.