Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

saddie

Bluetooth chipset of the atv582

Breakthrough everyone! A kind user at another forum (freaktab.com) posted pictures of his 2015 version atv582 board. Find those pictures attached.

It looks like the built in bluetooth chipset is the AP6210 chip, which is a Broadcom BCM4330 / BCM40183 Based Chipset, BT and wifi combo chip. It is used in a number of other set top boxes, and the Banana Pi, has decent linux driver support too it appears. All good signs.

It would be fantastic and much appreciated if someone here (Justin, Mygica, any other user) could confirm this, but I am not holding my breath. I know everyone has a busy life too...

Now off to see if I can source a USB BT dongle based on this same chipset. I am thinking it may be impossible due to the fact that it is a BT/wifi combo chip, but here's hoping! Is anyone else here interested in this?

image_8803.jpg.0310c0213602e98aaa8f66c6e3ef4326.jpg

image_8801.jpg.eba4766f9bba3d388c31ec95a56e8290.jpg

image_8800.jpg.0ca21f02d5d470725b088a9c391f6b27.jpg

Breakthrough everyone! A kind user at another forum (freaktab.com) posted pictures of his 2015 version atv582 board. Find those pictures attached.

It looks like the built in bluetooth chipset is the AP6210 chip, which is a Broadcom BCM4330 / BCM40183 Based Chipset, BT and wifi combo chip. It is used in a number of other set top boxes, and the Banana Pi, has decent linux driver support too it appears. All good signs.

It would be fantastic and much appreciated if someone here (Justin, Mygica, any other user) could confirm this, but I am not holding my breath. I know everyone has a busy life too...

Now off to see if I can source a USB BT dongle based on this same chipset. I am thinking it may be impossible due to the fact that it is a BT/wifi combo chip, but here's hoping! Is anyone else here interested in this?

Sorry for late response

But I can confirm that the ATV 582/380 uses what you posted

I was doing research on this myself earlier today

Did the USB BT Work for you?