Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Catmancow

MAG TV on 1800E

I bought my 1800E to experiment on running MAG TV because of the faster processor and memory capacity. I have a MAG 254 currently running on another TV, and quite frankly the 1800E outperforms the MAG 254 as far as picture and sound quality and the other available features. The MAG TV has a few operational issues and that I feel confident those issues will be resolved over time. The techs that wrote the software did a fantastic job and I would like to thank them for that. Currently during the free trial period there are 652 TV channels available and 442 English movies in the video club.

Since I am a new member, I am not sure the posting rules of the forum will me to post the URL and how to activate the MAG TV service, so I will not do so at this time.

I would welcome other members that are running the MAG TV on the 1800E to post operating and navigating tricks as I am still learning the box.

Because of the licensing of the programming, the moderators prefer us not talk about any specifics.

Definitely, I can say mygica is one of the best box out there.

Have same problem, no idea how to properly set up Mag tv (no set up guide at all), have another brand of receiver also that is very easy to set up. Can't find proper info anywhere, have e-mailed MagTV - no response. Seems like nobody wants to talk about this app for some reason? Also would like to say that the new remote (KR-40) sucks, way too small. The original KR-60 was so much better, not sure what they were thinking, i purchase these for friends (some of them older) that can't read the keyboard without a magnifying glass! Have purchased 6 Mygica receivers so far, not sure if i will purchase anymore.

Will have some MAG TV videos put together by someone soon.

As for the KR40 Remote, we went to this because we got nothing but complaints on the KR60 Remote. Mainly that it was cheap, not responsive enough, or did not work at all sometimes.

We also wanted a remote that was more original, if you cannot read the QWERTY Keyboard you can still use the on screen keyboard instead and use the D-Pad to select each letter and # etc.

Sorry if you do not like this new remote, but we have received a lot more positive feedback on this remote then negative, so we will be sticking with it.