Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

km1

How do I turn off 582 with the KR100 remote?

I bought the ATV 582 today and along with it I also got the mygica KR100 to use as a remote. Is there anyway of using the KR100 to turn off the box (or place it on standby) with out using the default remote? The power button on the KR100 only turns it off momentary?

I bought the ATV 582 today and along with it I also got the mygica KR100 to use as a remote. Is there anyway of using the KR100 to turn off the box (or place it on standby) with out using the default remote? The power button on the KR100 only turns it off momentary?

If you hold down the power button on the KR100, it should give you a menu option to place the unit into stand by mode, or to reboot the box.

Please note the KR100 will only turn off the box, you cannot turn it back on. You will need to use the KR60 IR remote for this, or the power button located on the box.

That's what I thought as well. But holding the power down on the KR100 remote just turns the on off repeatedly, and pressing it once just turns the screen off for a few moments then it comes back on again. There's a power button on the box?

That's what I thought as well. But holding the power down on the KR100 remote just turns the on off repeatedly, and pressing it once just turns the screen off for a few moments then it comes back on again. There's a power button on the box?

Can you try turning off the box with the IR remote the box came with?

And no the box does not have a on/off button.

Oh, the standard IR remotes works fine. The only downside is that when you switch it back on again, it doesn't automatically pick up the KR100 and you have to replug in the RF adaptor for the KR100

Oh, the standard IR remotes works fine. The only downside is that when you switch it back on again, it doesn't automatically pick up the KR100 and you have to replug in the RF adaptor for the KR100

Try the reboot option instead of standby to see if your KR100 is recognized.

Will they ever come out with an option to turn the unit off. I find it never works right coming back from standby, only when I restart it does it function right.

Will they ever come out with an option to turn the unit off. I find it never works right coming back from standby, only when I restart it does it function right.

Will be fixed in this update.

We have tried this on 5 test units, and the on/off works fine

Another question on the kr100 remote. For some reason on my unit I can't get capifal letters with either shift or caps lock. Can anyone else try. Wondering if I got a bad unit

Another question on the kr100 remote. For some reason on my unit I can't get capifal letters with either shift or caps lock. Can anyone else try. Wondering if I got a bad unit

You trying this on XBMC or the Android menus?

wallerjs wrote:Another question on the kr100 remote. For some reason on my unit I can't get capifal letters with either shift or caps lock. Can anyone else try. Wondering if I got a bad unit

I only tried on the Android menus... didn't need any capitals on xbmc yet !

wallerjs wrote:Another question on the kr100 remote. For some reason on my unit I can't get capifal letters with either shift or caps lock. Can anyone else try. Wondering if I got a bad unit

I only tried on the Android menus... didn't need any capitals on xbmc yet !

The cap locks button does not work on Android. I will ask engineers if this can be fixed.

There is not a problem with your box.

smudge242 wrote:

So I've seen a couple of updates, but nothing as of yet for the off/on issue.

To me it would seem important to fix this, my plug is going to wear out unplugging it all the time just to get it to function right. It only likes to work good after a fresh start up. I find the standby feature useless.

smudge242 wrote:

So I've seen a couple of updates, but nothing as of yet for the off/on issue.

To me it would seem important to fix this, my plug is going to wear out unplugging it all the time just to get it to function right. It only likes to work good after a fresh start up. I find the standby feature useless.

I have the engineers looking into fixing this.

Once this issue is addressed, I will make note of it, in the software update.