Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ronniemu

Turning Off and On the ATV582 withthe enclosed remote.

Is this unit made to stay on. Also, when I turn it off, I can not turn it back on unless I pull out the power cord and plug it back in. Did I receive a defective unit? Any information that you could provide would be greatly appreciated!

Is this unit made to stay on. Also, when I turn it off, I can not turn it back on unless I pull out the power cord and plug it back in. Did I receive a defective unit? Any information that you could provide would be greatly appreciated!

If you hold down the power button on the remote, it will give you the option to put the unit into Standby mode, or you can Reboot the unit.

Mygica is aware of the problem of not being able to turn the box back on with the remote, they should have this fixed in the next firmware update, they had the same problem in the beginning with the ATV 1200's and 400's, so this should not be hard to fix.

Your unit is not defective, this is just a software related problem.

We suggest just turning your TV off for now, and leaving the box on all the time, it does not consume a lot of power, and wont over heat, so there should be no problem in leaving it turned on.

We have been trying this ourselves with the units we have, and do not experience this either.

As per what "lifeisfun" says, you just need to wait before it shuts down.

We tried over 5 units, and we were able to turn the units back on, after being off for over 10 minutes.

Was this issue supposed to be addressed in the most recent set of updates? Having the the same issue can't turn the box back on with the remote that the unit came with. Have to remove the adapter for it to come back on.

I have all the latest firmware from June 18th installed also running Gotham 13.1.

Thanks

The ability to turn the box ON/OFF properly, is something I have made URGENT to fix by the engineers, and will be pushing them everyday to get this resolved.

For now, keeping your box turned on all the time, will not harm your box.

Hello. Does anyone know if this problem has been resolved yet?? Thanks!

Yes this was fixed on our 07/24 update

and also the update on 08/01 update we sent by OTA.

sometimes mine doesnt come back from standby unles i click the UP key on the circular button several times (the middle one) and after that it comes back on (MBOX logo) and straight to desktop ...

sometimes mine doesnt come back from standby unles i click the UP key on the circular button several times (the middle one) and after that it comes back on (MBOX logo) and straight to desktop ...

Yes mbox logo will be removed on next update, engineers aware of this.