Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nonothing

LIST OF ATV1800 SERIAL# NEG AFFECTED BY MARCH 31,2015 UPDATE

I started this thread to try and help the Moderators and Tech guys try and pinpoint if the issue may be a hardware issue isolated to a specific build date or run. Also I think we need to see how many units are affected.

I WOULD PLEASE ASK THAT YOU ONLY POST THE SERIAL # AND INFO ON THE BOTTOM OF YOUR UNIT AND STATE WHAT ISSUES YOU ARE EXPERIENCING AFTER YOU TOOK THE MARCH 31, 2015 UPDATE IN AS FEW WORDS AS POSSIBLE TO MAKE IT EASY FOR THE MOD'S TO READ. ALSO PLEASE NO HIJACKING THE THREAD TO DISCUSS OTHER ISSUES OR BASHING SAVE THAT FOR OTHER THREADS PLEASE

So below is my info and is what I would like everyone to post who has an ATV1800 or ATV1800E but make sure you specify which one you have in your post.

ISSUE:

1. When mine goes to sleep or I shut it down using the red button on the remote I have to do a hard reboot by unplugging the power to my unit and then plugging it back in to clear the black screen.

FullSizeRender_zpstu5svf8b.jpg

First of all I do not have the same issue as being identified as #1. on my 1800E. The unit I have appears to be of recent manufacture and did come with the new K40 remote (with keyboard on reverse side). Please note that my unit came preloaded with the 20150321 firmware, which I've been told by Justin is identical to the March 31 update.

The major issue I have is:

2. Cannot turn on the 1800E from the front power button after the unit has been completely turned off by holding down the same front power button for a couple of seconds. The only way to get it to turn on again is to unplug the unit and plug it in again after a few seconds. When turning off the unit using this method the box is completely off and not in standby and there aren't any lit LEDs displayed. I always use this method to completely turn off and turn on my ATV1200, however this doesn't work on my 1800E.

I will not provide the complete serial number of my unit, as I may return it if a resolution to firmware issues are not forthcoming in the next few days and the last four numbers will be represented by "x".

Serial Number: MG1800E1504xxxx ; MS090421517228

FBN

I tested mine using your shutdown method I'm holding the power button for about 3 seconds and mine does the same thing all the lights go out and then I have to unplug it to get it going again so this tells me that it's not a hardware issue not a software issue. that's exactly why I started this thread so we can compare issues and your testing thanks a lot

I would like to add another issue I noticed with my ATV1800E. It is very minor, but thought I would post it here anyway.

3. The time on the MyGica main pages (when using the MyGica launcher) is always displayed with the 24 hour clock. I have tried changing this to the 12 hour clock everywhere I can find it, however it never changes it on the main pages. If I navigate away from the main page to anything android which displays the time, it is displayed as 12 hour time. Seems the issue is somehow related only to the MyGica launcher?

FBN

I also have the same #1 issue with the black screen, it sucks. sometimes, i have to hard reboot twice.

Also,

after listing the servers, a lot come back with no stream or just continue buffering. not sure this is related. spending ample time to find a good server, is insane.

SN# ATV1800201410300811

Just updated and the update seemed to update the Andriod build but I am still at 13.2 Gotham??

May have other issues as well.

Whst is the best approach to ensure it is ok and get Kodi on there and not have to factory reset the box?

SN# ATV1800201410300811

Just updated and the update seemed to update the Andriod build but I am still at 13.2 Gotham??

May have other issues as well.

Whst is the best approach to ensure it is ok and get Kodi on there and not have to factory reset the box?

Backup xbmc and any extra apps you have installed, then factory reset. Kodi will install.

How will I get it restored with a fresh install and no back up software installed? I can't remember were I got the xbmc back up software. I imagine I would have to find the repository and reinstall the back up software correct?

How will I get it restored with a fresh install and no back up software installed? I can't remember were I got the xbmc back up software. I imagine I would have to find the repository and reinstall the back up software correct?

There is a copy of backup in the new kodi after factory reset. You just need to turn it on and reconfigure your path to backup.

I just noticed that the network wired port is running very slow now so is wireless. Is there a fix or should I roll back to the other firmware? Is so we're can I find it.

I just noticed that the network wired port is running very slow now so is wireless. Is there a fix or should I roll back to the other firmware? Is so we're can I find it.

Load the latest beta.

Beta? Beta firmware or kodi? Should I be worried about stability?

The latest 1800e beta firmware. I'm using it and it works perfectly for me. Flash it over top of the march 31st firmware or higher.

If I go to a higher firmware version is it possible to go back to an earlier release if stability or other issues arise?

Yes simply reflash the older one after a factory update. Again, backup your kodi and apps.