Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Old_Smokie

Need Quick advice before purchase today.

I have been reviewing this box for the past week or so and I'm debating picking one up today, however I am hesitant as the local Costco which sells them have the 1800e model with the ARM CORTEX A9 quad core CPU & 600 MHz Octa ARM Mali-450 GPU. Everywhere I have been reading states that the AmLogic S802 Quad Core CPU, Octa Core GPU is the better chipset to have for use with Kodi. Which one should I be looking to buy and why is there 2 versions of this box kicking around if they are both claiming to be the 2015 Edition?

Thanks!

I still have faith that a proper firmware upgrade for the 1800 will eventually be released,....when ?,...who knows. that being said if you are looking to get a trouble free Kodi capable streaming media box now,....I would get the HP mini media box or any other media box running Windows 8.1

.....kodi runs amazing on a windows machine !

Avoid for now for sure, get Windows 8.1 box for $100, way better then this.

Examples? I've been reading about the Pipo X7 and the HP Stream 200 series. Any others?

Buyer Alert. Stay away from ALL Mygica boxes!

There is no firmware support. They claim firmware upgrades are done OTA (over the air). They lied! When you do get a new firmware upgrade, you have to manually load it on an SD card. Then when you install it, it is full of bug's.

They release NEW boxes, like my daughter changes her wardrobe (too frequently), then they forget about maintaining the product's they already released.

The remotes are useless.

The boxes frequently have buffering issues, even though hard wired to the modem.

They released the original Mygica 1800e claiming to have Bluetooth capabilities. It does not. After repeated request's for a firmware patch to make it work. Guess what, it's Amlogic's fault.

When I bought mine, I had to immediately send it in for servicing because the remote firmware did not match the firmware of the box. Guess who had to pay the shipping cost. ME. Did they offer an apology or volunteer to pay the shipping. NO.

Any prospective, future buyers, DO NOT BUY ANYTHING MYGICA.

Besides all of that, they are overpriced, and the most expensive box on the market.

My old Matricom MX2 streams just as good as the 1800e. The MX 2 cost me $99.00 three years ago, and is still running strong.

Save yourselves grief and money, buy a different box. You will be more than satisfied. There are plenty of other brands to choose from.

Just wish I never bought mine. POS!

Avoid for now for sure, get Windows 8.1 box for $100, way better then this.

Examples? I've been reading about the Pipo X7 and the HP Stream 200 series. Any others?

Yes, Pipo x7 or x7s,

I find the android on X7s useless so on this box you can just clean install w8.1 bing OEM from USB stick and windows will activate it self since the key is stored in the bios. You will gain maximum free space this way.

After a little precursory reading, I hadn't realized how many Windows boxes there were out there that were less than $150. Ainol, Pipo, Voyo, Minix etc. Either Windoze or dual-boot to Android 4.4.

Something to think about...

J

After a little precursory reading, I hadn't realized how many Windows boxes there were out there that were less than $150. Ainol, Pipo, Voyo, Minix etc. Either Windoze or dual-boot to Android 4.4.

Something to think about...

J

Get one with LAN port if you want to use it as media device.

I notice that not all have ir remotes. Just an issue for turning on and off from the couch. As wireless keyboard and mouse/track pad would be used for everything else.

FBN

I notice that not all have ir remotes. Just an issue for turning on and off from the couch. As wireless keyboard and mouse/track pad would be used for everything else.

FBN

You can get Flirc and program it to any existing remote

http://www.amazon.com/FLIRC-FL-09028-Un ... S49FGYB3RE

$10 on sale

or Harmony smart remote that will connect via Bluetooth.

http://www.engadget.com/products/logite ... t-control/

$60 on sale