Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lifeisfun

Minix bashing Geniatech/MyGica

http://minixforums.com/threads/worlds-1 ... ayer.7061/

Geniatech claimed to be the world's first but it's a lie,

http://www.geniatech.com/news/xbmc-4k-h ... coding.asp <<< A SCAM.

We're not going to write something like that, we just SHOW you we CAN, not just on paper.

Ours are for real, REAL DEAL. Live demo at Computex Taipei exhibition right now,

for those who are in Taipei, welcome to take a look.

http://minixforums.com/threads/worlds-1st-true-4k-uhd-xbmc-player.7061/

Geniatech claimed to be the world's first but it's a lie,

http://www.geniatech.com/news/xbmc-4k-h ... coding.asp <<< A SCAM.

We're not going to write something like that, we just SHOW you we CAN, not just on paper.

Ours are for real, REAL DEAL. Live demo at Computex Taipei exhibition right now,

for those who are in Taipei, welcome to take a look.

We will be releasing a version of Version of XBMC Gotham soon which will work on the ATV 582 and ATV 1800E, which will support XBMC Hardware decoding, which has been developed and worked on by Geniatech. This will be what they were referring to on the News article they posted on there website.

It wasn't released yet with the first production run of ATV 582's because it was not ready yet, and there was a lot of public pressure to have these models made available for sale to the public, and since upgrades and new releases of firmware is easy to install, we will always be adding fixes and new features for these models made available to everyone by a firmware update. So the decision was made to make them available for sale, since they have the ability the upgrade/add and fix anything with new firmware updates.

When AMlogic first developed there new Quad Core chipset, Geniatech was the company that developed it first to work on a Set top box for AMLogic.

If you research Youtube videos about AMlogic and the many different trade shows that they attend around the world since last year, you will see they are using Geniatech boxes to display there chipsets being used on set top boxes.

Good, now you could distinguish your self with XBMC that can be actually controlled with IR commands.

It would be trivial for developers to ad complete set of commands supported by XBMC. There is no need for your basic remote to use them just for the IR receiver to recognize additional commands and forward them to universal remote makers like Logitech.

BTW the 582 remote is still not in the Harmony database, only he older style is.

Good, now you could distinguish your self with XBMC that can be actually controlled with IR commands.

It would be trivial for developers to ad complete set of commands supported by XBMC. There is no need for your basic remote to use them just for the IR receiver to recognize additional commands and forward them to universal remote makers like Logitech.

BTW the 582 remote is still not in the Harmony database, only he older style is.

I am Sorry, but I am not sure how this relates to this thread?

We have the remote commands all mapped out in a picture for the KR 60 remote which comes with the ATV 582, if you think this will help you, we can gladly email it to you.

I will make the suggestion to have this remote listed in the Harmony database.

I am Sorry, but I am not sure how your post relates to this thread?

We have the remote commands all mapped out in a picture for the KR 60 remote which comes with the ATV 582, if you think this will help you, we can gladly email it to you.

I am Sorry, but I am not sure how your post relates to this thread?

It doesn't :oops:

Tell them to include commands for the rest of standard keyboard and I will purchase 50 units

We would have to determine which commands you wanted, and for which buttons on the remote you wanted these commands for?

Also are you referring to the remote control that's included? or an external keyboard/mouse remote?

Once again, I personally or my clients have no use for the remote included, the nice thing is the built in IR receiver.

Geniatech needs to however make it so it will recognize full set of commands (any IR command set since Harmony remote will mimic any IR from any remote) corresponding to all keyboard shortcuts supported by XBMC.

Here is the full list:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Keyboard_controls

Once again, I personally or my clients have no use for the remote included, the nice thing is the built in IR receiver.

Geniatech needs to however make it so it will recognize full set of commands (any IR command set since Harmony remote will mimic any IR from any remote) corresponding to all keyboard shortcuts supported by XBMC.

Here is the full list:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Keyboard_controls

Based on what I read on there, all of those commands are meant for an external keyboard???

This cannot be done on the IR Remote, since it does not have majority of those keys.

It would be best if we spoke about this more over email

Send me an email to

I will take my email address down once I receive your email.

Will do Justin but it can be handled over IR with no problems same as on rasbery or pc using windows using MCE remote. Harmony smart remote or keyboard can emulate any key.

Email sent

I had a client that I sold a ATV582 to and he had a logitech harmony keyboard setup with his smart tv. I had tried it on the My Gica ATV582 and had no luck getting it to work.

Support for many keyboards and mice are important as the remote navigation with the box takes more time. Especially if you use it as a mouse.