Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pinto

Audio.. just vanished?!

Did the upgrade of the FW to the June Beta and all was well for about a week. Tried the box this morning and no audio. No settings have been changed, no audio, just video. Doesn't matter.. You tube, Kodi.. nothing. HDMI cable is fine, checked everything I could..

Any thoughts?

Same thing happened to me last night with Kodi, but didn't try anything else to see if other apps were affected. I just unplugged and plugged in the power so the box would reboot and the audio then came back. I should mention that I'm still on FW 20150321 and using optical out.

My wife said you are sure having a lot of problems with the new box (ATV1800e) and maybe we should use the old one (ATV1200) again? Boy is she right!

FBN

This has happened to me offten on my 1800e, I have paused a movie or show (in Kodi) , came back, hit play and no audio. Not sure what the problem is but I just turn off the TV on the remote and then back on again and the audio is back. No need to reset the box for me at least.

I've sometimes had the same problem with both the old xbmc and the new kodi. I've had to hit the screen menu and go to the audio option and move the percentage down or up a bit and it kicks in.