Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stargeaser

Kido 15.0 official release

My Gica updated last night and now cannot see the icons in genesis. Does this have something to do with my add ons? I have been trying to find a user manual?

I have installed Kodi 15.0 official android release from the Kodi.tv page. First needed to uninstall the previous version then installed application from the memory card (my Play store is not working for some reason). My experience is that Kodi 15.0 is much more stable than the MyGica release. I had to reinstall the whole app from the beginning, and also installed the Confluence CCM skin which is a much more customisable if you want to have more control over your menu items.

Process:

- Backup everything

- Export video library, because the new Kodi 15.0 uses a new database format (just in case).

- Download the application file from kodi.tv

- Uninstall the MyGica version from Android Application Manager

- Use File Explorer to click on the application for installation

- Configured Kodi - clicked 'no' to library update after creating the network share drives

- Import the video library.

With the manual install, all the previous links from the MyGica remain working - e.g. Kodi app launcher icon on the main screen.

The MyGica release of Kodi (Kodi 14.1 I think) previously went crazy during library updates, but my experience now is much more stable. The application exit is also instantaneous, whereas previously needed to wait a few minutes before I could exit fully.

My opinion is thumbs up! Maybe because I experienced issues after my previous install of the MyGica release (the current software on this forum).

When I go to Kodi.tv and try to download the android version it takes me to the google play store, and the google play store only gives me the option to uninstall and open and if I hit open I go the 14.1 Helix I already run....

Should I uninstall then install 15.0?

Thanks for any help anyone can offer

I have an ATV585

Should I uninstall then install 15?

I have an ATV585

Found this one post above your question

I have installed Kodi 15.0 official android release from the Kodi.tv page. First needed to uninstall the previous version then installed application from the memory card (my Play store is not working for some reason).

Sounds exactly like what you're trying to do. You can't have Kodi 14.1 installed and try to install Kodi 15.0 on top of it. Go to Kodi.tv under "downloads" and get Android Arm 15.0 if you don't want to go the Play Store route.

... when I uninstall I'll loose all my addons? Is there a way to avoid this? Back it up?

In Kodi, there is an official add-on called "backup". You might have to install it though. It will backup all of your Kodi. Just Google how to properly do it.

I've upgraded to 15.1 but am getting issues with video playback. I can't skip ahead anymore. Works fine on other devices.

Anyone running into this? I'm on the July OTA.