Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spidey11

some preinstalled sites are not installed

Hi I just bought a avt 1800e, and after setup and initial I went to kodi apps and there is no xbnc or Netflix there. I tried a couple of other icons and they opened and then closed back . don't know what's going on with it.

If you have Kodi, you will not have xbmc in Kodi since xbmc is the old Kodi.

You bought this box factory-new? Or was it set up by somebody?

As far as I know, Netflix is an Android app, not an xbmc (Kodi) addon, therefore as it's installed by default (Confluence skin) you shouldn't have a lot in there that you haven't installed yourself.

it was bought new . when you open kodi there should be an icon for xbmc and others like netflik , 4k. Netflix and 4k are not part of xbmc. I returned the 1800e to the store and the tech checked the box out, and the box acted the same as I explained to him. he said yes there should be icons visable, not missing. there was something wrong with the box.

I got a full refund. I'm looking at other manufactures for one now.

when you open kodi there should be an icon for xbmc and others like netflik , 4k. Netflix and 4k are not part of xbmc.

Opening Kodi to get xbmc is like saying you want to open Windows 7 to see Windows XP. Not going to happen.

I returned the 1800e to the store and the tech checked the box out, and the box acted the same as I explained to him. he said yes there should be icons visable, not missing.

If you're expecting to see Netflix (NetfliXBMC) and addons like Movie4K in inside XBMC which is inside Kodi from an official box like MyGica you're looking in the wrong place.

The MyGica Android Launcher (which you did not mention) has 4K, Netflix, Google Play Store etc.

I'm looking at other manufactures for one now.

Make sure to post back. MyGica has been around for a while but there are more boxes out there than ever.

Have you looked at (or into) IPTV Simple Client? It works well with Kodi. I won't reiterate the whole how-to because it's easier for you to look into it a bit and get back with questions than me to type for 15 minutes :D