Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

XMPeu

XBMC 13.1 Gotham runs great!

Using the ATV582 now for an view weeks whit XBMC 13 Gotham, and it works GREAT! Just uninstall Xbmc 12 whitin Android >> Setting >> Apps, and than download Xbmc 13 Gotham arm from http://xbmc.org/download. Install it and have fun!!

I do have slight problem with some movies dropping frames and sometimes movie stops after couple minutes but on restarting works fine.

cant figure out that when I download XBMC from the link above it downloads as a txt file. Cant do much with a 55 meg txt file. This is what I downloaded xbmc-13-1.txt.i cant do much with a txt file. Its one think after another.

cant figure out that when I download XBMC from the link above it downloads as a txt file. Cant do much with a 55 meg txt file. This is what I downloaded xbmc-13-1.txt.i cant do much with a txt file. Its one think after another.

Just rename it to apk from txt

ES File explorer is also way better and more flexible then the included file manager

Still waiting to here which version is would run smoother Gotham or Frodo? I tried Gotham and it locks this system up after 5 or 6 minutes of use;. I'm not sure if Frodo was this bad,

I run 13.1 all day long same with 13.0 the problem for me is I need to put a fan under my box not doing that runs like chit so try fan think you"ll find out box run a lot better try it cant harm it

I got strange cropping issue with 13.0 and 13.1 - some addons shows only quarter of the screen others works without any issues. Calibration did not helped and seems there are less settings for video on 13.1. No problem with 12.3 only some video do have sync issues with sound 1-2 sec, but maybe I need to play more with settings for that issue.

Alot of buffering issues, especially with 1080. It stops every 10 minutes to buffer 5. Getting so tired of it i, m downloading the old fashion way again and using the box as a media player.

Xbmc sucks(sorry to say that)

Alot of buffering issues, especially with 1080. It stops every 10 minutes to buffer 5. Getting so tired of it i, m downloading the old fashion way again and using the box as a media player.

Xbmc sucks(sorry to say that)

Are you sure you got fast enough data connection?

Yes I also tried watching a 10GB 1080P Movie from my Local PC network on my ATV 1800, and it played without issue.

I then tried a 720P Live TV channel for 30 minutes, and had zero buffering issues.

However I do have a 50MB Download/10MB Upload connection at my home, so that might help.

For 720P and 1080P streaming, we always suggest you have at least a 10MB Download connection, but 15MB or higher would be more recommended.

You have to keep in mind, when doing a Speed Test, most people do them from servers that are within the same country that you live in, so therefore it will give you the true download speed that you are paying for.

But if you do a Speed Test from a country that is far away from you, most of the time, the download speeds can be 30-60% less.

So my point of all this, is that each stream you are watching, the server it is being hosted on is generally in many different countries across the world, so when you watch one movie that streams perfectly in 720P or 1080P and another movie in the same resolution, it might be giving you buffering issues.

Also server overload can play a factor in buffering issues as well, as you are not the only person who is watching the same movie from the same source.

Using it wired at download speed between 40 and 50 mb.

Sometimes all goes well and in the evening sometimes buffering issues

Certain times of the day can be peak hours for servers when it comes to streaming video, which is usually at night for almost all people living in North America

I even get buffering issues on Netflix at certain times of the day. Even if you have a 100MB download speed connection, this still wont make a difference if the server you are trying to stream from is overloaded.

@GillyBilly,

"Sometimes all goes well and in the evening sometimes buffering issues"

This sounds like you are using streaming add-ons. 99% of the time the issue with poor performance (buffer, etc...) is due to a poor connection to that far end server. And your statement is proof of that. There is very little that XBMC app can do about that.

Regards.

I've noticed buffering issues as well. I could be watching a movie (over WIFI from an SMB share) and every couple minutes it pauses to buffer. If I exit XMBC and reboot the device, then re-enter XMBC and resume the same movie, no more buffering.

It seems the longer you go between reboots (measured in days), the more likely buffering will occur. XMBC is the only app I use on this device, and I always put the device in sleep/standby mode when I finish watching something.

I also struggle with the buffering. Netflix, Crackle, everything else runs great, except the streaming add-ons. I stream the same from my tablet and no worries.

Starting to get a little annoyed with the device. Also seriously waiting for the Netflix HD.

Justin, I did upgrade to 13.2 and am still having the issue. I have been through a lot of the resources on the web to solve it but nothing seems to work. Starting to think that I have a busted unit. PS - Is there a network light that is supposed to be on while on WiFi?

Justin, I did upgrade to 13.2 and am still having the issue. I have been through a lot of the resources on the web to solve it but nothing seems to work. Starting to think that I have a busted unit. PS - Is there a network light that is supposed to be on while on WiFi?

This doesn't sound like a busted unit problem

You should always clear the cache after watching a few minutes, as this will help with the buffering.

Also, yes there is only a LAN light on the device, there is no light for WIFI