Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

slickshellz

We're is the update for atv582

We're is my update for atv582 I'm on my 3rd box before I realized it was a software issue but how can you compete with others when mygica doesn't even test or sample there firmware this issue should have been fix before it was released this is not professional or acceptable I almost want my 520e back more reliable

We're is my update for atv582 I'm on my 3rd box before I realized it was a software issue but how can you compete with others when mygica doesn't even test or sample there firmware this issue should have been fix before it was released this is not professional or acceptable I almost want my 520e back more reliable

Check our downloads section for the 582

I just posted the newest firmware file

I'm with slicksheltz, very unprofessional. Perhaps I should send MyGica an invoice for my time?

My unit jitters after a few minutes, can't watch any movies. Connect a mouse and it jitters as well. Right click on mouse in XMBC doesn't bring up context menu.

Soft reset does NOT work, as in all of my data remains. Hard reset (button under box) does nothing when applying power and holding it until the robot appears. A robot does not appear, we see a 4X / 8x logo followed by MyGica, followed by the app screen.

No Manual with shipment

Faulty Firmware

No Manual online, actually nothing really online at the website.

Really? an update is required two weeks after its released in Canada?

The ONLY good thing I can see is the absolute amazing responses from Justin. He is taking the heat for the inappropriate performance of the engineering department. Thanks for your continued help with this Justin.

Hey Justin, thanks for getting back to us in a quick manner. I see that you have removed the update, what is the time line now?

I'm with slicksheltz, very unprofessional. Perhaps I should send MyGica an invoice for my time?

My unit jitters after a few minutes, can't watch any movies. Connect a mouse and it jitters as well. Right click on mouse in XMBC doesn't bring up context menu.

Soft reset does NOT work, as in all of my data remains. Hard reset (button under box) does nothing when applying power and holding it until the robot appears. A robot does not appear, we see a 4X / 8x logo followed by MyGica, followed by the app screen.

No Manual with shipment

Faulty Firmware

No Manual online, actually nothing really online at the website.

Really? an update is required two weeks after its released in Canada?

The ONLY good thing I can see is the absolute amazing responses from Justin. He is taking the heat for the inappropriate performance of the engineering department. Thanks for your continued help with this Justin.

I have taken in all remarks made on this unit from what I have read so far from everyone.

I will pass along these suggestions, to have them fixed in an update

1. Factory reset not deleting everything, including the google account used to in the playstore.

2. The recovery menu should be fixed in this new update being released today or tomorrow

3. I will have a users manual in PDF format, posted online as soon as possible.

4. The jitters and menu freezes should be fixed with this new update

5. For the context menu in XBMC there are only a few ways to bring this menu up, on a keyboard, pressing the letter "C" will bring this menu up, and on the IR Remote there is the context button as well. Right clicking the mouse in xbmc will just bring you to the previous menu.

This is a brand new unit to the market, and almost anything that comes out that's brand new, will have its bugs to work out in the beginning, we are sorry if you are not satisfied with the unit thus far, but please bare with me, as I am working all day with the retail customers and dealers, and then all night with the engineers in China, to keep improving this unit for a better experience for everyone.

Sorry if you are upset that we have to release a firmware update after only 2 weeks, but customer and dealer feedback is the best way we can improve our product, something that I find is wrong, another person may not find, and vice versa. This is why we appreciate all of the current feedback.

If you check back on the ATV 1200 and read on other forums, such as xbmc.org, at the beginning of it being released, it had its bugs, but after a few firmware releases, this model has now become very good and stable.

Hey Justin, thanks for getting back to us in a quick manner. I see that you have removed the update, what is the time line now?

The video should be completed tonight.

I will post everything tonight, if not by tomorrow.

Appreciate everyones patience

current firmware not working correclty with xbmc, video jitters, no matter where the source of the video is or file type it jitters every 5-8 minutes .... its watchable but i was expecting a little better performance, btw i installed xbmc 13.1 final from xbmc.org, works ok

current firmware not working correclty with xbmc, video jitters, no matter where the source of the video is or file type it jitters every 5-8 minutes .... its watchable but i was expecting a little better performance, btw i installed xbmc 13.1 final from xbmc.org, works ok

Don't have that problem you describing, also on 13.1

Thanks Justin, you're a champ. I loaded 13.1 XMBC and still get jitters. The 1080 movies also switch to slow audio, or it actually sounds like pitch shifting.

China don't have QC like the rest of the world, I just can't believe how bad they are at it, in my day job as well I deal with this issue. Will stick to the laptop for now. Thanks again for your organised efforts Justin.

Thanks Justin, you're a champ. I loaded 13.1 XMBC and still get jitters. The 1080 movies also switch to slow audio, or it actually sounds like pitch shifting.

China don't have QC like the rest of the world, I just can't believe how bad they are at it, in my day job as well I deal with this issue. Will stick to the laptop for now. Thanks again for your organised efforts Justin.

You mean same quality testing as General Motors ? :mrgreen:

...remember the Mattel fiasco with the lead in the toys?

Mattel; What's up with the lead in the toys, we agreed "no lead".

China: Oh sorry about that, we'll remove the lead.

Months go by and a QC check is done on new shipments.

China: OK, we'll remove the lead for real now.

Looking forward to the new firmware. I can't watch anything on the box right now, to jittery and sound cuts out half way through movies.

I'm looking forward to the new firmware also. Is there some sort of magic trick to download the file? When I click I get this message "The selected attachment does not exist anymore".

Hey Justin, thank you for posting the new firmware. Now I do appreciate your hard work in replying back to us and having the update available but... I must honestly say they people that work with mygica support/programming are a bunch of monkey's. After the update I have reset the device about 5 times because it will freeze for no reason. 1) installed Xbmc, opened the app, froze. 2) reboot, adding source, froze 3 times. 5) checking settings and it froze. I mean this shouldn't be rocket science as I had no issues with my 520, so how can the individuals who release these units not test. Granted my remote isn't having the issue it did, but how does that help when the unit freezes every few minutes. I've been quite patient, but after spending almost 200 bucks I have a warm piece of you know what sitting beside my TV. Oh and the lights are still red not blue when on. Please assist.

Hey Justin, thank you for posting the new firmware. Now I do appreciate your hard work in replying back to us and having the update available but... I must honestly say they people that work with mygica support/programming are a bunch of monkey's. After the update I have reset the device about 5 times because it will freeze for no reason. 1) installed Xbmc, opened the app, froze. 2) reboot, adding source, froze 3 times. 5) checking settings and it froze. I mean this shouldn't be rocket science as I had no issues with my 520, so how can the individuals who release these units not test. Granted my remote isn't having the issue it did, but how does that help when the unit freezes every few minutes. I've been quite patient, but after spending almost 200 bucks I have a warm piece of you know what sitting beside my TV. Oh and the lights are still red not blue when on. Please assist.

We test the files ourselves before we post them for download, and not only are they tested by myself, I also have 5 others who test it for me, and none of them have the results you are having.

Try doing a hard reset with the reset button on the bottom of your unit, do a wipe/factory reset, and clear cache, and then Reboot the box.

See if this fixes your issues, and let me know

We will have a pre installed version of Gotham soon.

We find its best to be using the pre installed versions of XBMC, since they are re worked by the engineers to work properly.

Justin ...i have been for a while now trying to get the unit to reset with pin....i press under with pin and plug at the same time, somehow it goes to regular mode...its like as if the reset under it isnt doin anything....wish we could do this thru menu...:(

Great...ill wait for justin, i when go into system upgrade it does show me the sd card... Shows a file to upgrade, would be nice if i could hit it...dont know y my reset under d machine aint picking up !

Great...ill wait for justin, i when go into system upgrade it does show me the sd card... Shows a file to upgrade, would be nice if i could hit it...dont know y my reset under d machine aint picking up !

Try formatting your SD card to FAT 32 and then put only those files onto the root of the SD card.

The only way to upgrade your box is by following the directions in which you must hit the reset button on the bottom.