Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

supafly_mx

Issues after clicking ok to OTA update on 1800e

Hi Justin

Please help

I got a message come up to say there is an update avail so I clicked OK

And my 1800e rebooted and now is stuck at the Android screen Green robot with the diamond thing spinning and then it freezes.

After leaving it for 5 hours nothing happened.

I then unplugged the power and rebooted and it does the same think.

Please help .. I really regret clicking on that OK button to update

Thanks

Supa

Let it go through with the update, power cycle if you must if it freezes for long periods.

It sometimes takes up to 3 tries to get it to update.

Ensure you also have a SD card inserted and check in the Upgrade app under upgrade settings app that download location to external SD card.

You should have no trouble then in future with OTA updates.

My 1800 just upgraded this evening. Looked like it was hung but the lights on the front kept flashing so I left it. After about 10 mins. it started the upgrade and rebooted. All worked OK and I continued watching the Plex movie that was interrupted with the upgrade message.

I have an 1800e but I am not getting any update messages. Is there a feature I have to enable to get these? I have never been able to do an OTA update. I currently have Kodi 14.2 installed.

Any ideas on the SD card size. I have everything from a 4 gig to a couple of 16s around.

4 GIG should be fine, I use a 2 GIG - just ensure its formatted FAT32.

Any ideas on the SD card size. I have everything from a 4 gig to a couple of 16s around.

4 GIG should be fine, I use a 2 GIG - just ensure its formatted FAT32.

K, thanks. After thinking about it for a second I should have realized that I could simply have looked at the storage part of the box and seen that the OS was 1.2 gig or so... Brain fart.

Erm... My box updated without an SD card or a flash drive. Why would that even be necessary?

With these boxes, it's good to have all bases covered. SD card formatted, UPS plugged in, rearrange your furniture for proper feng shui etc. it's good to have a vestial virgin around too...