Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tarabostes

Will there be another update for the 520?

I installed the latest firmware but it is really laggy.

With the specs for this device I would keep everything in 720p for maximum performance.

I mean launched like in the 380, tweakable kernel options, etc.

The 520 has the same specs as the P...s XIOS XS but with the latest firmware it's way slower.

I disabled all apps I don't need, it's pretty 'bare' right now but it's still really slow.

Thanks!

With the specs for this device I would keep everything in 720p for maximum performance.

The 520 has the same specs as the P...s XIOS XS but with the latest firmware it's way slower.

I disabled all apps I don't need, it's pretty 'bare' right now but it's still really slow.

Thanks!

It would seem very unlikely, as the ATV520E is pretty OLD.

It's quite reasonable that MyGica will dedicate their resources to update more recent models.

Thanks!

It would seem very unlikely, as the ATV520E is pretty OLD.

It's quite reasonable that MyGica will dedicate their resources to update more recent models.

Thanks for your reply, mate. Do you have any base for this statement?

I bought the 520 eight months ago from an official reseller.

The last firmware made the box really slow, hence my question.

The forum for this device is still up and I didn't see any official announcements the support has stopped.

The reactions/responses on this forum have been pretty scarce after Justin let us know he will dedicate his time to other activities.

I'm not making a statement, as i'm just a user like yourself.

For your information, ATV520 came out in the end of 2012.

Now is 2015.

I think Mygica has already done more than its fair share to provide firmware updates more than many other TV box i know of.

I don't understand why you said the latest firmware is laggy. I think it's the best software so far, smooth and minimal bugs.

Which firmware version are you on? Why don't you try to do a factory reset and see if it helps? :)

I have installed the latest firmware, the February 2015 one.

Not using the 1080p kernel and keeping the box at 720p just because I don't want to put any more stress on it.

Having used and using a lot of other tv-boxes like... (you fill the dots because I don't want to upset anyone here) P...s DS and XS

M...x X8 and X8H+ as well as MyGica 380 and 582, the 520 doesn't run well at all (and I am comparing it with the equivalents and not with the fastest ones.

I tried on my 520 the F....s ROM and was fast but I hoped that the latest 4.2.2 firmware would run well and unfortunately it doesn't.

The kernel parameters are not very tweak-able, but is that the reason why it's so slow?

As I mentioned above I use it 'bare', I disabled everything that isn't needed on a tv-box (no apps, mail, un-needed services) and it is still slow.

I did a clean flash and I even did tried factory reset after.

I have been waiting for a long time for the 1900 and in the meantime I got the x8h+ that really rocks.

Is that what any MyGica fan/user should do?

The official firmware that you downloaded and installed is 720p kernel.

Even though it upgrades the video signal to 1080p at output, it doen't mean it's running 1080p internally.

As you pointed out very correctly, it simply would be stressing a double core too much by forcing it to run 1080p internallly.

The only 1080p kernel firmware that 520 has is in beta, and will always stay that way, as i was told.

**BETA FILE** Android 4.2 1080P Kernel For ATV 1200/400/520E

viewtopic.php?f=99&t=1764

As said before 520 is a dated product (2012).

And this is something you can'tcompare its speed to newer products.

I'm quite surprised you would choose to buy the 520 just eight months ago without knowing how long it has already come out. :D

Well, my suggestion has been answered.

There is a forum section for discontinued models.

Thank you MyGica for that. It's funny that my 520E just died today.

I just finished reconfiguring it and I had test it for the past 3 days and was pretty happy with my results.

I tried rebooting the box and it never came back.

No display, nothing.

Tried booting it in recovery, I managed to get there but I could not scroll up/down at all.

Tried with the remote, mouse and a USB keyboard.

After 5 minutes I pulled the power cord and it never comes back.

Tried regular start-up/recovery, nothing on the screen anymore.

I really wonder why it died like this.

I didn't try resetting the pins on the PCB but I will try soon and post the result.

@ tarabostes

Given that you said you bought the 520E only 8 months ago, why not return the box for servicing before the warranty expires instead of further messing around with it?

@ tarabostes

Given that you said you bought the 520E only 8 months ago, why not return the box for servicing before the warranty expires instead of further messing around with it?

I am inclined to do that, it's just the 4 weeks I'll have to wait that makes me think of all possible options.

@ tarabostes

I am inclined to do that, it's just the 4 weeks I'll have to wait that makes me think of all possible options.

If you bought it from Canada Computers they are supposed to exchange it on the spot within the 1 year warranty.