Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ndrizzt

issues after OTA update

Hi,

I've installed the OTA update a few days ago on my ATV1800e and I've run into 2 issues:

- I was using Android menu (not the mygica menu) and I can't seem to put back in, it doesn't show in the settings any more.

- xbmc button on the remote is not working anymore. Allother buttons are fine, it looks like it's not programmed.

Have any of you run into the same issues and have workaround ?

Thanks!

nobody else has this issue with the xbmc button on the remote?

also, I've had to reboot the box a lot lately... If I power on the device, it powers on the TV (TV autodetects), but there is no display, after rebooting the box it works. I didn't have that problem with the previous version.

nobody else has this issue with the xbmc button on the remote?

also, I've had to reboot the box a lot lately... If I power on the device, it powers on the TV (TV autodetects), but there is no display, after rebooting the box it works. I didn't have that problem with the previous version.

I am trying to reproduce this XBMC button not working issue, but cannot seem to. Gonna try more remotes and boxes today.

For display issue, have you tried turning off HDMI Auto detect? And setting the resolution to the highest your TV can do? Then see if you still have display issue.

- remote: thanks for looking this up!

- display issue: auto detect is off. If I put it on, it will synch at 720P. I force it to 1080P (as before), and tv is 4K. Sometimes if I unplug the hdmi cable, it will fix it, sometimes it simply doesn't and reboot is mandatory.

Seems with the XBMC button issue is that if you were using XBMC before this update, the remote setting change didn't change to KODI

A factory reset will fix this.

- remote: thanks for looking this up!

- display issue: auto detect is off. If I put it on, it will synch at 720P. I force it to 1080P (as before), and tv is 4K. Sometimes if I unplug the hdmi cable, it will fix it, sometimes it simply doesn't and reboot is mandatory.

Sorry your saying it doesn't retain the display resolution setting after a reboot?

no, it retains display resolution correctly. I was saying I do not use auto detect as it doesn't detect correctly the resolution of my TV. I force the resolution to 1080p. I had tried setting it to 4k,it did the same thing, no display after waking up the device.

It was a reply to your message:

For display issue, have you tried turning off HDMI Auto detect? And setting the resolution to the highest your TV can do? Then see if you still have display issue.

Hi,

Regarding the issue of the xbmc button on the remote, I found out a "trick"...

I was having an issue with a video, so I decided to upgrade xbmc from play store. It installed kodi v15.2 in a different location to the default xbmc (mygica edition) that came with latest upgrade of mygica.

==> the xbmc button on the remote now works with kodi. It opens Kodi and not xbmc. Kodi probably has a different program id in android than xbmc.

Hi,

Regarding the issue of the xbmc button on the remote, I found out a "trick"...

I was having an issue with a video, so I decided to upgrade xbmc from play store. It installed kodi v15.2 in a different location to the default xbmc (mygica edition) that came with latest upgrade of mygica.

==> the xbmc button on the remote now works with kodi. It opens Kodi and not xbmc. Kodi probably has a different program id in android than xbmc.

When they switched from XBMC to KODI, they also changed the App Signature Name as well.

We came out with an update for this quite awhile ago, for the remote.