Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kjsanders50

1800e was upgrading and failed

Just wanted to say, I was doing an upgrade like others had reported and got the problem the unit proceeded to take me to an "Android System Recovery <3e>". screen and something about SD card and failures.

so i did some reading here and proceeded to download the kodi update for 1800e that was recommended , put it on the sd card, put it in my 1800e and continued the upgrade from the sd card screen.

it worked, got kodi updated now, but one downfall is I lost all my kodi apps so going to have to re do those , as I didn't save them. thought for a few hrs my box was toast but tks to the forums, there is life after death.

J

Just wanted to say, I was doing an upgrade like others had reported and got the problem the unit proceeded to take me to an "Android System Recovery <3e>". screen and something about SD card and failures.

so i did some reading here and proceeded to download the kodi update for 1800e that was recommended , put it on the sd card, put it in my 1800e and continued the upgrade from the sd card screen.

it worked, got kodi updated now, but one downfall is I lost all my kodi apps so going to have to re do those , as I didn't save them. thought for a few hrs my box was toast but tks to the forums, there is life after death.

J

That is good to hear.

We are still trying to find out why some users are having issues upgrading.

I have upgraded about 30 units through OTA update, and only got 2 of them that failed and I was stuck in recovery mode. So I have the engineers trying the same thing on there end to determine the issue.