Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pinto

What the h*ll is with with Netflix on this 1800e?

Man, never been so frustrated with an app before

Please elaborate.... I'm experiencing issues also and maybe they are the same and maybe they are not. But if they are not identified, then the support cannot look into them for you.

My issues with Netflix:

- Audio is out of sync, lagging behind video significantly making it unwatchable.

- Mouse click on centre screen while playing a video will not bring up the control window. Workarounds are to hit the volume + or - button on remote or click the mouse near the bottom of the screen.... just stumbled over this one yesterday.

- If the Android status bar is not hidden, it doesn't disappear when using Netflix, as it does in other apps. I like to have access to the recent apps function when in Android screens and since it is not on the standard remote or mapped to a spare F key of a keyboard it is not accessible any other way.

FBN

It's a combination of things FBN. Netflix updates an app.. breaks it.. I have an apk that has always worked no matter what Android device I put it on when I have to roll it back.

So, I uninstall NF on the 1800, side load the APK of the older version.. Box won't allow any scrolling left to right.. up or down, have to use a KB or Air Mouse to change user.. worked before the latest firmware upgrade.

Just getting tired of fighting with an expensive shiny soon be paper weight the way fixes seem to be coming.

Hey, I get it that people don't normally come to forums to say how happy they are with something and that's why so many look like bitch threads

Luckily I still have my old 1200 which works perfectly with Netflix!

FBN

Just making sure I got this right, the $120 1200 I originally bought 2 years ago (and subsequently sold for a 380) works well with Netflix, but a $189 newer box doesn't. Is that right?

Just making sure I got this right, the $120 1200 I originally bought 2 years ago (and subsequently sold for a 380) works well with Netflix, but a $189 newer box doesn't. Is that right?

Sad but true! The 1800 is faster, but what good is that of you can't watch a service you are paying for?

FBN

It's a combination of things FBN. Netflix updates an app.. breaks it.. I have an apk that has always worked no matter what Android device I put it on when I have to roll it back.

So, I uninstall NF on the 1800, side load the APK of the older version.. Box won't allow any scrolling left to right.. up or down, have to use a KB or Air Mouse to change user.. worked before the latest firmware upgrade.

Just getting tired of fighting with an expensive shiny soon be paper weight the way fixes seem to be coming.

Hey, I get it that people don't normally come to forums to say how happy they are with something and that's why so many look like bitch threads

What I have found out the hard way... there are different NF versions: for tablets (where you have a touch screen) and for TV boxes (where you use the IR remote with arrow keys like on MyGica, etc.)

Depending how the Google PlayStore will see your device, you might get the NF app updated from a tv-box to a tablet version where you're supposed to use a touch screen. There the problems will start where you can't control the updated app with the MyGica IR remote.

I had the exact same issue with NF and Crackle.

What i do now, I backup the apk before installing an updated version from the PlayStore.

If it comes the touch screen version, I uninstall then install the apk I backed up.

You can set the PlayStore for manual updates and install only the updates you want.

Hope this helps!