Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

genehere14

Review for ATV1200

LUCKILY, I was able to unbrick my atv1200 and found 4.22 is the not compatible with my model . When I trying to install 4.22 it is frozen in the middle of installation and bricked several times with different date of firmwares.

please clearly announce the user of 4.12 firmware shouldn't update in order to prevent CATASTROPHE I HAD WITH,

Please announce clearly for this another Chinese junk.

P/S :

I WOULDN'T RECOMMEND TO ANYONE.

thx

you clearly didn't read the the warning message written in Red writing.

Android 4.2 Upgrade File with KODI 14.1 for ATV 1200/400/520E KR34:

Release Date - Feb 12th, 2015

**PLEASE NOTE THIS FIRMWARE IS TO BE USED ON ANDROID 4.2 ONLY, IF YOU ARE RUNNING ANDROID 4.1. DO NOT USE THIS FIRMWARE AS YOU WILL BRICK YOUR BOX**

**YOU CAN FIND OUT WHICH VERSION OF ANDROID YOU ARE RUNNING, BY GOING INTO SETTINGS AND ABOUT DEVICE**

@Nick

The directions for noobs to update boxes can sometimes be anywhere from hard-to-find to outright counter productive. To test this, I asked my Spousal Unit to try to find how to update our imaginary 1200 from 4.1 to the newest update. I set her up at the front page and told her "go!"

She went

Main page

MyGica 1200 forum

Downloads

MyGica 1200 Firmware Files for 4.1 (since we haven't updated our imaginary box since we bought it last year)

There are then two "obvious" links to try

1. MyGica ATV1200 latest Firmware (with 8 pages that started in Feb 2014)

2. Android 4.2.2 Upgrade Files for 1200

What the spousal newbie found...

1. In "MyGica 1200 Latest Firmware" page 2 the link from Justin to update is 404

2. Link on page 3 from Justin is also dead for 4.2

3. The question from August 3 hasn't been answered yet

4. The Mod who answered June 18 says you can use the 4.2.2 file from 4.1

So, for the noobs who has originally purchased boxes a year or two ago, any easy steps?

PS The only things that looked relevant were a users question in the 4.2 Firmware thread

viewtopic.php?f=77&t=3146

And another question here... viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3202

It should not take reading through three threads and downloading and reading text files within zip files to update a box IMO.