Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spyrule

Why does an SD card NEED to be in to boot?

Hello,

New AV380, I had everything installed, however I was noticing a serious slow-down in video playback (it would crawl to 1fps) mostly on streamed tv shows (even though they would play fine initially, and sometimes for 2-3 episodes and then suddenly die. I also was able to get the device's video to play terribly if I watched a full movie first, then tried a tv show, the slow speed would show up.

So, I'm thinking this has to do with the SD card not performing well, so I went to remove it.

I first performed a system reset via the repair boot menu,

and from this point onward, if I attempt to boot with NO SD card in, it simply hangs at the Android 4.4 kitkat logo.

I've tried this also with and without a usb key in (formatted to fat32), again no avail.

Is there a way to remove the reliance on the SD card ? Or can I transfer that functional requirement to the USB memory stick instead ?

Hello,

New AV380, I had everything installed, however I was noticing a serious slow-down in video playback (it would crawl to 1fps) mostly on streamed tv shows (even though they would play fine initially, and sometimes for 2-3 episodes and then suddenly die. I also was able to get the device's video to play terribly if I watched a full movie first, then tried a tv show, the slow speed would show up.

So, I'm thinking this has to do with the SD card not performing well, so I went to remove it.

I first performed a system reset via the repair boot menu,

and from this point onward, if I attempt to boot with NO SD card in, it simply hangs at the Android 4.4 kitkat logo.

I've tried this also with and without a usb key in (formatted to fat32), again no avail.

Is there a way to remove the reliance on the SD card ? Or can I transfer that functional requirement to the USB memory stick instead ?

The box is meant to perform perfectly fine without an SD card

Where did you read or was told that an SD card is needed for the box to function?