Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whysper

My Box Freezes on Start-up

I have the ATV520E box. I bought it about 8 months ago and have had no problems with it until today. I woke up and turned it on and at first it started up but froze on the main screen. Thought it was the batteries in my remote so I changed those and still nothing. So I unplugged the power cord to reboot the box but now, it will not load to the main page at all. It just stops on the word Android on start-up. I honestly do not know what version of Android is installed. I really do not know how to do anything with this box. I only ever use XBMC on it, and maybe the browser once in awhile. According to the box it came in it looks like it is saying 4.2.

If you can offer any help it would be greatly appreciated. This is my only means for me to watch programing.

In a desperate attempt to try and solve this problem, I have even tried re-formatting it, but it will not even allow me to do that, it freezes on the screen. This box does nothing but sit on my entertainment stand by my TV. Never been dropped, nothing has ever been split on it, nothing. I really do not understand what is going on.

I have the ATV520E box. I bought it about 8 months ago and have had no problems with it until today. I woke up and turned it on and at first it started up but froze on the main screen. Thought it was the batteries in my remote so I changed those and still nothing. So I unplugged the power cord to reboot the box but now, it will not load to the main page at all. It just stops on the word Android on start-up. I honestly do not know what version of Android is installed. I really do not know how to do anything with this box. I only ever use XBMC on it, and maybe the browser once in awhile. According to the box it came in it looks like it is saying 4.2.

If you can offer any help it would be greatly appreciated. This is my only means for me to watch programing.

This will fix your issue

viewtopic.php?f=93&t=1948

Make sure to watch the How to Video

Then we would suggest upgrading to this afterwards

viewtopic.php?f=93&t=2521

I am also having the same problem on my 1800e Freeze on start up, purchased July 28, 2015. Answer anyone ?

Is it just stuck on the MyGica bootup logo?

Can I copy firmware files on my computer to my sd card that's in my tablet,the files are there now or do I need a sd card reader?

There should be no issue transferring files this way

Then just take out the sd card from the tablet and put it into the box.

But keep in mind, there must be no other files on the sd card but the ones meant for the 520E.