Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

soueidan

4K Display option not listed

HI, just wondering if it's normal that when setting up the display, i don't see a 4K option (i'll see the rest 1080, 720, etc..). It used to list 4K as an option with the 1800, but don't see it in the 1900 model.

I have the 4K Samsung Curve TV.

You're welcome :mrgreen:

Nice TV, was thinking of getting one during the Labor Day holiday. Wondering if it looks good mounted on wall or make it look like your home is warping.

Sorry didn't see the rest of your reply. Yeah love the TV. I didn't mount it. Looks pretty sweet. Always had Sony XBR, was going to get another Sony but the picture on this Samsung caught my eye.

So now I know why I couldn't see 4K. Had it plugged in my Xbox one. Duh.

Anyhow, now that I have it plugged to my Samsung TV, i can see the 4k option in the resolution setting, however it auto detect to 1080p-60hz. If I turn auto detect off and select any 4k2k option, my tv will keep flickering.

Any recommendation?

Justin/Wookie, any luck at reproducing this? I got this specifically for the 4K and would love to use it. As i mentioned earlier, if i select any 4K options within the display settings, the TV will start flickering.

Had the same issue with the 1800 initially.....when i raised the issue, MyGica RMA department said they confirmed with the chip manufacturer AMlogic that they require a firmware update for 4K Samsung TVs. Not sure if this might be the same case....

My TV:

UN65HU9000 Samsung 4K Curve.

Please let me know. I would say this issue and the Ethernet disconnection issue are the 2 pain points at the moment.

I'll have a 4k TV in the next few days, ordered it online and waiting patiently. I'll try and reproduce and send the video to Justin. The Engineers did find the issues with the Ethernet, and will have something soon.

Yeah I downloaded the build number 20151014 and still unable to select a 4K option. Still flickers.

Thanks for the update. I really hope I can use the 4K resolution soon.

Yeah I downloaded the build number 20151014 and still unable to select a 4K option. Still flickers.

Thanks for the update. I really hope I can use the 4K resolution soon.

Try it again, on the new OTA update being sent down this weekend.

And let me know

Thanks